Customer Service RepresentativeApply Now
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® (Pioneer) is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services on defaulted debt. Headquartered in New York, Pioneer employs more than 1,000 professionals and is the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, New York. Pioneer also has offices located in New Jersey. Pioneer maintains partnerships with federal and state clients as well as guarantee agencies. Pioneer provides its clients with quality results, experience, leadership, and technology, including state-of-the art infrastructure, telecommunications, and collections systems, ensuring the best the industry has to offers.
Start Date: February 15, 2021
Training- First 2 weeks; Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Regular Schedule- 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Pay Rate: $14.50/hr
The Customer Service Representative will effectively communicate with taxpayers on behalf of the State of New Jersey, on qualifications and guidelines related to the Property Tax Relief programs.
1. Answering calls for the State of New Jersey Hotline related to Property Tax Relief
- Answer questions from taxpayers related to filing deadlines and eligibility for Property Tax Relief.
- Answer questions, and assist callers, on how to file applications.
- Learn and maintain an acute understanding of all Property Tax Relief programs.
- Insure taxpayers' non-public information is kept secure and confidential.
- Communicate approved responses to taxpayers within state guidelines/ability to read from a script.
- Communicate dollar amounts of calculated benefits/reimbursements.
- Advise taxpayers of dates in which their reimbursements/benefits are scheduled for credit or to be mailed out.
- Communicate to taxpayers what address their checks are mailed to.
- Provide verbal support to frustrated or angry taxpayers to deescalate call and move to solution.
2. Correcting errors on application filed with the State of New Jersey
- Gather correct info from taxpayers and fill out referrals or make corrections to accounts.
- Review and analysis of taxpayer's applications for completion and accuracy.
- Tactfully problem solve to achieve desired results using decision-making skills.
3. Adjusting State's records and simplifying filing process for taxpayers
- Communicate basic process information to taxpayers filing tax applications with the State.
- Assist taxpayers with calculating taxable and non-taxable income.
- Adjust taxpayers' addresses in the State's system to reflect current data.
- Order paper applications for taxpayers who request them.
- High School Diploma
- Passing marks on all New Jersey Department of Revenue testing
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Previous sales or Customer service experience
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan