ONSITE Bilingual Collector- 5/1 Start DateApply Now
Navient, (Nasdaq: NAVI) and subsidiary companies, provide technology-enabled education finance and business processing solutions that simplify complex programs and help millions of people achieve success. Our customer-focused, data-driven services deliver exceptional results for clients in education, healthcare, and government. Learn more at navient.com.
Join our team in Moorestown, NJ as a Bilingual Full Time Caseworker!
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® (Pioneer) is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services on defaulted debt. Headquartered in New York, Pioneer employs more than 1,000 professionals and is the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, New York. Pioneer also has offices located in New Jersey. Pioneer maintains partnerships with federal and state clients as well as guarantee agencies. Pioneer provides its clients with quality results, experience, leadership, and technology, including state-of-the art infrastructure, telecommunications, and collections systems, ensuring the best the industry has to offers.
This is NOT a remote position.
$19 per hour.Candidates fluent in Spanishwill also be eligible for a bilingual differential of $1/hr after successfully completing training and the required assessment.
Paid Training starting on May 1st.
Monday-Friday 8AM-5 PM
Generous paid time off
Awesome benefits including health, dental, vision & life insurance
Business casual dress
Great leadership team and a fun place to work!
As a Bilingual Case Worker you will effectively locate and communicate with debtors via the telephone and written notices in order to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements. Resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary. Perform skip tracing and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, and Federal Regulations. Continually maintains the Taxpayer's case file with new or changed data.
1. Communicate with taxpayers in regards to the repayment of their delinquent taxes.
- Initiate telephone and letter contact
- Work with taxpayers, their accountants, and attorneys regarding tax debt and to collect penalties, interest, and fees.
- Obtain delinquent tax returns.
- Make required number of phone calls daily as determined by management.
- Achieve assigned goals
- Negotiate terms of deferred payment of outstanding tax liabilities
2. Maintain and Update the Taxpayers Case files
- Review incoming correspondence and tax returns and take necessary actions.
- Perform all account maintenance functions as necessary and in accordance with Taxation policy.
- Maintain case files in the acceptable order.
3. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and State regulations.
- Maintain file of 100 -- 200 accounts per case worker
- Work within FDCPA, State and Federal regulations, and DMO Compliance Policies.
- Document accounts accurately and in accordance with client specifications
- File Certificates of Debt and forward cases to appropriate Taxation locations for further collection action; and request Warrants of Satisfaction.
- Apply collections received to resolve tax deficiencies.
4. Perform skip tracing to locate delinquent taxpayers
- Use skip-tracing tools to locate demographic information in the most efficient manner
- Effectively communicate with 3rd parties to obtain location information
- Profile accounts that are determined un-locatable or exhausted
5. Continue education, training in industry career development and flexible schedules
- Attend training sessions given by manager or supervisor
- Integrate information obtained thru training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily routine
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Four to eleven months of progressive work experience.
- Passing marks on FDCPA and all New Jersey Department of Revenue testing
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
No jobs have been viewed recently.View all Jobs