Collections Representative - 11/2 StartApply Now
Do you enjoy research and problem solving? Do you enjoy talking to and helping customers by phone?
Duncan Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navient, is a full-service tolling and parking management company and a leading provider of business processing services to government clients, including citation processing, debt collection, and integrated parking and tolling customer service. Our Collections Representatives
PAID TRAINING begins November 2nd!
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Must be able to commute to our Muncie, IN office.
We offer $14.00 an hour, monthly bonus opportunity and Full Benefits.
Some additional benefits include:
- Paid training (2 weeks virtual/ work from home then transition onsite)
- Paid Holidays
- Up to 3 weeks paid time off during your first 12 months!
- Medical, dental, vision- Coverage effective on December 1st when you start in November!
- 401k (employer match after 6 mo)
- Tuition Reimbursement- Immediately Eligible!
The Collection Representative is responsible for:
- Contacting citizens nationwide regarding their unpaid parking citations to negotiate and establish repayment. Our agents perform numerous account management activities such as accepting payments from customers, initiating disputes/inquiries/requests on behalf of the customer in resolving issues and provide other information to customers upon request.
- Maintaining continuing education training in industry career development
- Attending training sessions as directed by management
- Integrating information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily
The Collection Representative should have excellent verbal communication skills, effective telephone techniques and the ability to be direct and concise while maintaining a professional manner at all times; ability to display high levels of initiative, motivation, flexibility and creativity to devise methods of attaining productivity standards and must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles.
Required Training hours:
2 Weeks Remote Training Plus 3 Weeks Onsite Training:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
Standard Business Hours-
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 8 pm
- Potential for Saturday hours, depending on business need
Remote Training Requires the Following:
Reliable, high speed internet at home (Minimum 1MB upload speed, 5MB download speed)
You must use an Ethernet cord and be hard wired into your server from the router/modem. You will not be able to use a Wi-Fi or a hot spot from your phone.
PLEASE NOTE: You may encounter slowdowns during periods of heavy use due to a variety of factors such as the number of devices connected in your home, especially if they are streaming Netflix, Hulu, games etc. or if internet is shared with multiple users in your home
Access to landline or cell phone
A private workspace or home office
- High School Diploma/ GED/ equivalent
- 6 months call center experience OR 1 year experience in customer service
- Open Availability during standard business hours (Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm)
- Strong work ethic (example: attendance, dependability, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan