Collector IApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
Opportunity to join our team as a full-time Collector in our training class starting on Monday, January 6th in our Muncie location!
We are committed to providing expert guidance to our clients and customers on their journey to financial success! Navient team members bring passion, commitment, and integrity to our business. We drive results and foster the innovation that makes us an industry leader. Choose Navient as the next step in your career! Be proud of where you work, be proud of your career - join Navient!
Paid training will begin Monday, January 6th and run for 3 weeks from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m and attendance is mandatory. The shift after training will be Monday through Friday, 3 days from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 2 days from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This shift requires 1 evening Friday shift per month from noon to 9:00 p.m. and 4 voluntary weekend hours (1 Saturday) per month.
As a Collector, benefits willstart the 1st of the month after you are hired! Some of which include:
- Paid training
- Eligibility for Monthly Performance Bonus
- 3 weeksof PTO (increases to 4 weeks after just 1 year of service)
- Excellent Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Business Casual Environment
The Collector is responsible for performing collection activities to recover losses from assigned accounts. The incumbent will locate and communicate with debtors via phone and written notices to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements, as well as resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary as well as perform skip tracing and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, and federal and state regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months of progressive work experience.
- PC skills and experience in a Windows environment (including familiarity with using a mouse)
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Must be able to obtain required License for collecting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Good mathematical skills including calculator skills
- Ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Ability to meet aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills, effective telephone techniques and the ability to be firm, direct, and concise, while maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Negotiation, counseling and problem solving skills
- Ability to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours as required
- Ability to learn company collections computer system and phone system
- Ability to work in a fast paced collections environment and meet daily, weekly, and monthly quality and productivity requirements.
- Ability to display high levels of initiative, motivation, flexibility and creativity to devise methods of attaining productivity standards.
- Must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles.
- Ability and skills to effectively deal with angry borrowers, attorneys, and third parties while remaining professional at all times. Strong work ethic (example: attendance, dependability, etc.)
- Previous sales or customer service experience.
- ACA certification preferred.
- Previous collections experience.
- Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.