Healthcare Receivables Specialist I- 8/12 Start DateApply Now
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, based in Hendersonville, Tennessee, is the fastest growing company in the revenue cycle industry. Since 2009, Xtend has grown from fewer than 50 employees to more than 800, which include staff in Hendersonville, a team of traveling consultants, and in the near future, an additional team in the Muncie office!
Xtend provides entirely revenue cycle-based services which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements. Xtend serves clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
TheHealthcare Receivables Specialistis responsible for performing phone activities in an effort to service and collect patient accounts receivables for medical accounts. The Healthcare Receivables Specialist will locate and communicate with patients via the telephone in order to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements. Additionally, Healthcare Receivables Specialist will resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary as well as answer patients questions and research account changes when necessary and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, and federal and state regulations.
Opportunity to join our team as a Healthcare Receivables Specialistin our training class starting on Monday, August 12th in our Muncie location!
As a Healthcare Receivables Specialist, the pay is $13.00 an hour with benefits starting the 1st of the month after you are hired! Some of which include:
- 3 weeks of PTO (increases to 4 weeks after just 1 year of service)
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Business casual environment
- Optional pet insurance
- Local employee discounts
Required Training hours:
- Training will be the first 3 weeks and is mandatory from 9:00am -- 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
Potential shifts available after training:
- 4 shifts per week from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm and one shift per week from 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm. The evening shift will be determined by management based on business needs.
Communicate with patients in regards to the repayment of their medical debt.
- Achieve assigned goals (resolutions, call quality, productivity standards – specified by line of business).
- Make required number of phone calls daily as determined by management.
- Profile patients and obtain financial information. Update demographic and financial information on each call.
- Negotiate the best possible arrangements.
- Proficiency with company telephone system while placing outbound calls and accepting inbound calls
Perform account research and route accounts through appropriate client workflows.
- Use job aids and crosswalks to answer patient questions and resolve accounts in an efficient manner.
- Perform account research and document findings.
- Effectively communicate with patients and client to obtain necessary account information.
- Ensure strong communication skills to convey intricate account information.
Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain high quality account handling per client standards.
- Work within FDCPA, state regulations, department/division & all Compliance Policies.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for
accounts in accordance with company and client specifications.
Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management.
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily routine.
- High school diploma
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Previous sales or customer service experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills, ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Good mathematical skills including calculator skills
- Goal Oriented, and seeks to consistently meet aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Negotiation, counseling and problem-solving skills
- Reliable, ability to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours as required
- Ability to learn company collections computer system and phone system
- Persistent, ability to overcome objections, ability to remove barriers
- Team player
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.