Hybrid Bilingual Customer Service Specialist - $16/hrApply Now
Are you passionate about helping others? If so, we want you on our team!
Navient is looking for team members who will provide exceptional service and support to our customers!
Bilingual applicants fluent in both English and Spanish encouraged to apply. (bilingual differential available)
WHAT WE DO:
We provide expert guidance, asset management, and business processing solutions to education, healthcare, and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. Our passion and commitment to helping our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success is what makes us an industry leader!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist in our Customer Care Department, you’ll play a critical role in assisting our customers as they navigate successful management and repayment of their loans. By speaking with our customers on inbound and outbound calls you will be the voice of Navient, guiding them through their options to help them achieve account resolution while providing them with support that is easy and reliable.
As a hybrid employee, your schedule will include a mixture of work from home and in-office scheduling OR if you prefer, you can train and work full-time at our Muncie location.
- During your first 90 days, with the exception of your fourth week of employment, you will report to the office on Monday and Tuesdays only.
- The fourth week of your employment, you will work in the office all 5 days.
- After 90 days of employment, you will be required to report to the office at least 3 times per month which will be scheduled by your Supervisor.
- After 180 days of employment, your in-office requirement will be reduced to at least 2 times per month.
*Must be available to come into the office if having technical issues.
LOCATION + START DATE:
- Remote/Hybrid - Must live within 1 hour of Muncie, IN (for onsite requirement)
- October 31, 2022
PAY + BENEFITS:
The compensation for this role is $16.00 per hour + competitive benefits package.
Candidates fluent in Spanishwill also be eligible for a bilingual differential of $1/hrafter successfully completing training and the required assessment.
- 3 weeks of PTO (increases to 4 weeks after just 1 year of service)
- Medical, dental, vision (elected benefits start the 1st of the following month after enrollment)
- 401K (plus employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Local employee discounts
- Optional pet insurance
SCHEDULE + TRAINING:
HYBRID TRAINING: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM
(training period = 4 weeks)
- Monday – Tuesday, 12:00PM – 9:00PM
- Wednesday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- + 1 Saturday per Month, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- Monday – Tuesday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Wednesday – Thursday, 12:00PM – 9:00PM
- Friday – 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- + 1 Saturday per Month, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
SHIFT THREE (+15% differential)
- Monday – Friday, 12:00PM – 9:00PM
OFFICE AND TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS:
Navient will provide all hardware and software. Qualified candidates must secure and maintain the following to successfully execute job responsibilities:
- Reliable high-speed internet– 100mbps download/ 10 upload speed minimum and be hard-wired with an ethernet cord directly into the router/modem.
- A 25 foot ethernet cable will be provided. If your modem is farther than 25’ from your workspace, you will need to move your router or obtain a longer cable.
- Computer equipment will be provided on Day 1 of Training
- Private workspace or home office free from distractions
- Ability to work onsite as required + if any technical issues arise
If at any time your equipment fails and you are unable to successfully perform the requirements of your job, you will be required to report to a Navient location to obtain replacement equipment or work on-site if the issue is caused by internet/phone line outages.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English)
- 6+ months of work experience, preferably in customer service, with priority given to student lending experience
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree may substitute for the 6+ months of work experience.
- Must live within 1 hour of Muncie, IN
- Ability to attend mandatory training first four weeks
- Ability to thrive and grow in a fast-paced, high-volume call center environment and think critically to provide customers with the information they need in an efficient and effective manner.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Excellent computer navigation skills, including the ability to multi-task and use dual monitors to toggle between screens and systems while speaking with customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of student loan servicing processing and possess the ability to effectively communicate program requirements in a clear and concise manner to support our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to listen and “hear” the customer’s concern so that the appropriate response is given
- Experience working in Call Center
- Student lending or financial aid experience, a plus
- College Degree
Be proud of where you work – Choose Navient as the next step in your career!
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan