Data Analytics Manager - MarketingApply Job ID 4256596 Location Newton, MA
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Marketing Analytics Manager will provide quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform marketing and communication strategies to improve campaign performance. This role will provide analytics thought leadership, lead test and learn programs, build segmentation models, and solve analytical problems using statistical modeling to support the strategy and goals of the business organization.
He/she will be responsible for customer view analysis, segmentation, model oversight, test vs control analysis, executive reporting and presentations, as well as various ad-hoc analyses. The individual will develop/maintain a scalable and efficient analytic infrastructure, work processes, and systems to enable timely analysis, measurement of results, and delivery of data. The Manager is a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging into complex data to reveal opportunities and exploit unrealized potential. He/she will utilize technical skills, business analysis, and innovation to drive analyses to completion. The candidate will need to be able to quickly grasp business concepts in order to fully understand the goal of each model. Each analysis and targeting model will focus on cross-functional areas so the incumbent will need to be able to work very closely with business partners and other modeling team members in order to implement models based on marketing plans, campaign strategies, and customer segmentation. Based on the success of each predictive model, feedback from management and business partners will need to be incorporated in order to refine each model over time. The ability to present to varying levels of personnel, including senior management, is a must.
This role will also be responsible for comprehensive reporting related to overall campaign success metrics, dashboards, cost/benefit analysis, and ensuring integrity of various database production environments.
- Utilize analytic tools such as CHAID, cluster algorithm, regression, etc. to help identify trends in data
- Design and assist with champion / challenger analyses and strategies
- Build, implement, validate, and maintain a variety of models that help drive marketing strategies and enhancement of the customer experience.
- Continuous refinement of models and strategies and trends are identified
- Utilize multiple querying platforms such as SAS and/or R, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Impala, etc. to develop, automate, and distribute numerous styles of reporting.
- Work with end users to develop requirements and provide meaningful reporting views and/or dashboards
- Periodically run validation tests in order to monitor predictability of each model
- Develop campaign cost/benefit analysis
- Develop and distribute regular management reporting of production campaigns
3. Provide Analytic Insights
- Interrogate various different databases in order to attain information for predictive models
- Develop SAS/SQL queries in order to pull in desired data
- Interpret and present key findings to key business team members and senior management
- Collaborate with management, SMEs, and business partners to develop requirements and goals needed to generate new strategies and refine existing campaigns
4. Customer Touch-Point Database
- Complete and maintain documentation of all data sources (including data dictionaries), logic used, business area contacts, and location of source data and review annually with business owners to ensure data integrity.
- Incorporate new data sources into the web-based interface for non-technical end users as well as appropriate tools for technical users against the Hadoop database.
5. Organizational Skills/Team Support
- Develop specific, detailed timelines with timetable descriptions for strategy implementation
- Manage implementation and review of existing / new operational strategies, analyses and models simultaneously
- Provide backup support to other team members as needed. This may include assisting with campaign development, validation, mentoring, and production backup support.
- Keep key stakeholders informed of ongoing developments and early indications of strategy or model performance and operational metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Accounting, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance. (additional experience above the required minimum may be substituted for the level of education).
5 years of related modeling/analytical experience, 3 years minimum within a financial services company.
Highly proficient in Excel, Access, SQL, VBA, SAS and/or R
Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of raw data to identify trends within the data that could be used to define and drive strategies and segmentations
Proven ability to proactively identify opportunities based off his/her analytical insight
Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deadlines with fluctuating work load in a time-sensitive environment
Ability to adjust to fluctuating work load with the pressure of aggressive deadlines
Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively and concisely present key findings to senior management
Strong working knowledge in presenting quantitative data via PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES:
- Student loan experience preferred
- Ability to deal with unstructured data
- Familiar with Hadoop databases
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and result oriented
- Positive attitude, out-of-the-box thinking, and customer service oriented
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities accordingly
- Ability to identify issues, create resolutions and implement change using sound business judgment
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, time-sensitive, changing business environment
- Technology-savvy, with keen interest in emerging technologies and 'all things digital', including marketing automation, lead management strategies and CRM systems
- Some travel may be required