Client Receivables SpecialistApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
The Client Receivables Specialist is responsible for reconciling large volumes of client fee payment information to subledgers and collection systems and ensures all accounts receivable payment postings are in agreement with the client’s payment supporting documentation. Their reconciliation processes will accurately identify incorrect commission rates, rejected payments, payment file issues and client contractual issues
Accounts Receivable Reconciliation
- Compare fee payment information from the client to billing/invoicing information in the collection system or other subledger. This task could include exporting information from the company’s collection system and sorting data in excel or ACCESS to complete comparison.
- Identify discrepancies between client fee payment data and the collection system or subledger billing data which may require further research/investigation.
- Understand the client contractual commission rates and fee computation functionality in the company's processing system.
- Propose, calculate and prepare accurate accounts receivable adjustments as appropriate and obtain proper approval for each adjustment.
- Ensure accounts receivable subledgers balance to company’s processing system.
- Research discrepancies between accounts receivable information in the company’s collection system to client fee payment data. Access to and knowledge of the client’s processing system is sometimes necessary.
- Determine cause for each discrepancy.
- Understand the functionality in the company’s system for the assessment of fee on transaction types taking into account all contractual fee eligibility rules.
- Categorize and track discrepancies for remediation purposes.
- Categorize and document causes of variances.
- Report organized results of accounts receivable reconciliation and research to management.
- Report accounts receivable adjustments to accounting to update in the general ledger.
- Make recommendations for any remediation needed.
- Communicate and coordinate any remediation needed with other internal departments to improve processes or system functionality.
- Collaborate with internal departments on work requests for identified issues. Monitor and assist in leading remediation from commencement to conclusion.
- Work with the client to confirm and update incorrect payment information as needed.
- Assist with and maintain client requested or contractual changes regarding system setup or delivery of services.
- Work with internal departments on work requests for identified issues. Ensure timely testing and completion of these requests to ensure minimal client impact.
- Assist with developing and testing new client set up including processing of transactions, reporting and electronic files as well as any other client unique requirements.
- Associate Degree Accounting or Finance
- Additional experience may substitute for education
- One to three years of accounting/bookkeeping, systems analyst, accounts receivable, accounts receivable collections or reconciliation-type experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service Skills.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office ACCESS.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while following policies and procedures.
- Must possess good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Must be team oriented in accomplishing department goals.
- Must have organizational and time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze workplace situations to determine means to increase employee efficiency.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.