Facilities Senior SupervisorApply Now
Provide effective coordination and management of building operations, systems and maintenance services at assigned location(s). Responsibilities can include janitorial, security, safety, mechanical, electrical, sanitation, plumbing, landscaping, systems operation, maintenance, and repair. Manage facility related contracts and contractors. Supervise any assigned Facilities staff. Assist management in creating, updating and administering facility operational and safety procedures such as lock-out tag-out, hot work and emergency evacuation plans. Oversee mail operations if assigned; act as technical advisor in design, operation and construction related tasks; create, review and recommend effective plans in support of a safe and comfortable work environment. Collaborate with customers to determine service expectations and provide service accordingly. Coordinate facility related audit/compliance activities. Act on behalf of Facilities Manager/Director by carrying out facility policy and guidelines and interfacing with the landlord/property manager in leased properties.
Position is based in Perry, NY with supervisory responsibility of a second location In Arcade, NY.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist management with facility infrastructure projects within the data center or technology rooms.
- Ensure the electrical system is operated in a way that maintains a high level of reliability and safety. Respond to electrical emergency situations taking immediate corrective action to prevent/limit customer disruption
- Ensure the HVAC system operates economically and in a way that provides the most comfort. Analyze trends within the system to troubleshoot or enhance efficiency. Respond to emergency HVAC situations taking immediate corrective action to prevent/limit customer disruption.
- Determine and initiate proper mechanical line-up and electrical distribution needed to support different modes of equipment operation.
- Ensure prescribed servicing and testing of any back-up generator is performed; conduct and monitor routine exercise runs.
- Ensure lighting and lighting systems are maintained to a high degree of reliability.
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with the “National Fire Protection Agency”, “National Electrical Code” and “American Society of Heating and Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers” and all other state and local codes.
- Monitor and maintain the life safety systems such as fire alarm; fire sprinklers; fire pumps; clean agent suppression systems; emergency lighting and public address systems.
- Manage or perform miscellaneous painting, wall, door, flooring and ceiling repairs and installations.
- Build or reconfigure workstation product, including electrical connections, ensuring proper material and installation; move and install furniture.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct annual fire drills. Ensure all life safety systems testing and documentation is complete.
- Ensure that all Facilities storage, electrical and mechanical spaces are maintained clean and organized.
- Evaluate and recommend new facility related equipment, procedures and products to provide high quality and efficiency while controlling costs.
- Schedule and track all maintenance activity through the FM Interact System and the Facility HELP desk or other site-specific means.
- Prepare project justifications including Scope of Work, bid documents and vendor quotes and recommendation; track and approve project invoices.
- Monitor construction, installation or remodeling projects; manage change orders and project budgets.
- Coordinate space planning projects with customers and the Space Planning team in Fishers. Make recommendations to management for reconfigures or additional required space.
- Assist Space Planning with systems and free-standing furniture inventories.
- Coordinate with IT and Data Center Facility Manager the maintenance and all needs of the data rooms in assigned facilities.
- If leased facility, coordinate with landlord those above items that fall under their responsibility.
- If assigned to Facilities, oversee and perform all mailroom functions, ensuring compliance to policy, procedures and compliance/audit requirements.
- Interview candidates; recommend employment actions; create annual goals for staff and conduct performance reviews as directed.
- Manage assigned staff or contractors; provide appropriate training as required to perform tasks and for attaining established performance goals and a high level of productivity. Provide work assignments to meet priorities and maintain smooth flow of activities.
- Ensure the department has the required tools and training and oversee adherence to procedures and safety precautions.
- Write, review, maintain, and administer the Facilities portion of the Business Resumption Plans; assist/conduct testing as required.
- Assist management with the creation and management of operating and capital budgets.
- Handle purchasing and procurement processes for assigned facilities; properly code, approve and submit invoices on time.
- Maintain utility and expense records and verify accuracy of bills for payment.
- Prepare RFP/RFQ’s, evaluate proposals, and recommend appropriate vendors for facility related contracts.
- Create monthly status reports and submit to management.
- Maintain records for all federal, state or locally required inspections; ensure compliance of regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and local and state fire codes.
- Track and document issuance of all building keys. Conduct and document yearly audits and all compliance requirements related to keys and locks.
- Order tools, material and supplies as needed; track inventories to ensure readiness.
- Act as liaison for the company with outside authorities, landlord, facility contractors and vendors.
- Oversee all contracts relating to the facility, systems and equipment. Provide coordination with customers and vendors to limit disruptions and ensure smooth flow of activities.
- Monitor the shredding program, working with contractor to most economically utilize services.
- Coordinate pest control services for the building, ensuring the facility remains pest free and that issues are addressed immediately.
- If assigned, oversee the facility cleaning vendor; directly monitor the Day Porters and work with janitorial management to ensure night cleaning meets standards.
- If assigned, direct the vending and café service contract; address employee suggestions and complaints. Ensure vending machines are stocked and products are fresh and have a good variety and that microwaves are operational. Administer the coffee program.
- If assigned, oversee the landscaping contract; monitor facility parking and snow removal to meet expectations; ensure safe employee access and egress during winter weather.
- If leased facility, coordinate with landlord those above items that fall under their responsibility.
- Work with security to maintain proper card access system functionality; assist with security audits when requested.
- Be on-call 24/7 to handle building for emergencies, alarms, and unusual conditions.
- Provide event set-ups as required.
- Be responsive to calls in a way that provides a high degree of safety and operational reliability.
- Prepare various departmental reports as required.
- Coordinate and supervise shredding of confidential documents.
- Occasional travel and work supporting outside office projects.
- Keep printer, fax and copy machines in the facility stocked with paper.
- Provide timely printing/distribution of reports and letters, including centralized copy services. Access remote and local systems to provide appropriate routing and printing management functions.
- Provide support and oversight of off-site lockbox function.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Some College Experience
- 5 years working in electrical or HVAC field
- 5 years direct customer service experience
- 5 years building operations and facility planning experience
- 5 years construction/carpentry and/or building maintenance
- 3 years working with MS Excel and MS Word, Excel, and Project
- IFMA Certification
- Electrical, HVAC courses & Universal CFC Certification
- CPR certification
- OSHA certification
- Current Universal CFC Certification
- BAS programming classes
- Chiller experience
- Knowledge of building related systems
- CAD, blueprint and specification interpretation
- Knowledge of active National Electrical Code (NEC) book
- Proficiency troubleshooting & repairing mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, construction and building related systems
- Computer-based facility management systems (CAFM and BAS)
- Ability to use various electrical and mechanical testing equipment and various electrical/mechanical hand/power tools
- Ability to read & follow technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics
- Pipe fitting skills coupled with ability to solder, braze, and weld
- Basic knowledge of systems furniture
- Fire code, National Electrical Code (NEC), Worker’s Compensation and OSHA rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under a high degree of mental exertion
- Excellent problem determination and solving skills
- Inventory management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for communication with all levels of staff
- Team-oriented philosophy in accomplishing goals
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age
- Physical abilities:
- Handle moderate to heavy pieces of equipment
- Lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Work at heights up to 25 feet and be able to climb a ladder
- Work in tight space
- Move with a moderate degree of dexterity
- Work under a high degree of physical exertion
- See and read computer monitor and printed material with or without vision aids
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone with or without hearing aids
- Speak so that others may understand at normal levels and on the telephone
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.