API Integration DeveloperApply Now
AtNavient, ourmission is to enhance the financial success of our customers by delivering innovative solutions and insights with compassion and personalized service.
Our API Integration Developer will support our mission by bringing leading-edge expertise and vision to our Product Engineering team. The API Integration Developer is a key member of our product team, producing results independently and collaboratively with a cross-functional team. Our ideal candidate will be a skilled .NET developer with RESTful API, SQL, and Python experience.
We're stronger together.
Product Team Member
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Turn action items on the product backlog into functional pieces of a potentially shippable product
- Deliver business value for the product Work with product owners to understand business needs/priorities
We innovate always and everywhere.
Functional Expertise: API Integration
- Build integrations and web services allowing enterprise access to home-grown and vendor solutions
- Design, build, integrate, manage and test APIs
- Utilize existing vendor APIs to develop integrations between systems
- Expert in object-oriented programming specifically with C#, ASP.NET MVC
- Work with a variety of databases in order to integrate them
- Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code Stay current with trends, best practices, and methodologies in areas of functional expertise
We strive to be the best.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Depending on contract and/or level of clearance, proof of U.S citizenship and/or permanent resident card and 3 years residency may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or related field (additional experience may substitute)
- 5+ years of overall IT experience (additional education may substitute)
- 3+ years of experience in Application Development or Solution Architecture (additional education may substitute)
- Strong experience/ knowledge in the following web and application technologies: .NET web framework, .NET Core, C#, SOAP, REST and Microservices
- Experience with multiple programming languages/technologies such as .NET, C#, XML, XSLT, SQL, SSIS, SOAP, JSON, XQuery, RESTful API, WCF Services, Middleware and PowerShell.
- Proficient in C# with a good knowledge of their ecosystems
- Proficient with relational databases (RDBMS) technologies (including MSSQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience developing stored procedures
- Experience using Azure DevOps or TFS for automated deployments
- Experience developing and maintaining APIs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming Skill for writing reusable libraries
We earn the trust of our customers and colleagues.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
Experience implementing automated testing platforms using TDD and unit tests like XUnit, NUnit
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.