Hadoop AdministratorApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
In this critical role we are looking for an experienced Hadoop Administrator who will work on a variety of projects in the Cloudera Hadoop (CDH) 5.x environment. This individual will be required to work with both business and IT areas to develop solutions from design through implementation. The Hadoop team is looking for an individual with a high aptitude to learn new technologies quickly. The primary focus will be around Hadoop administration with a secondary focus on Hadoop development. This position is responsible for Hadoop administration as well as technical and developer support of the centralized infrastructure technologies.
Hadoop Administration Functions
- Design, lead and manage Hadoop environment
- Performs new user setup duties
- Responds to Service Desk requests and problems
Hadoop Application Development
- Willingness to learn new Hadoop technologies at an advanced pace
- Design, develop, and test Hadoop solutions for business customer needs
- Provides Hadoop coding support to ensure Hadoop jobs are running efficiently
- Assists users with various inquiries related to Hadoop coding issues
- Provides consulting, guidance and mentoring to business areas using Hadoop to support their processes
- Maintains best-practices, standards and procedures documentation
Hadoop Production Support
- Perform on-call routines to support the Hadoop environment
- Responds to Service Desk incidents
- Aids in troubleshooting issues with Hadoop users
Hadoop Infrastructure Management
- Plans and applies technology upgrades
- Performs necessary capacity planning to ensure peak readiness
- Makes modifications to infrastructure deployment architecture where appropriate
- Maintains overall disaster recovery plans and participates in recovery drills
- Cross-trains in other related technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or a related discipline (additional experience may be substituted for the degree)
- 7+ years overall IT experience (additional education may substitute)
- 3+ years of Linux experience focused on administration
- Must be able to demonstrate their ability to lead system and application upgrades
- The ability to provide clear communication to senior management on issue identification and resolution
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S.citizenship.
- Experience with Unix scripting
- Experience with developing BSD’s, TSD, and test plans
- Experience with Cloudera Hadoop (CDH) 5.x environment
- Good working knowledge and experience of IT and Application Development technologies and SDLC practices
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- A tolerance for change and desire to keep up with latest technology advancements
- Aptitude for picking up new skills in new technologies
- A willingness to be on-call
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.