Healthcare Receivable Specialist - English/Spanish SpeakingApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
OFFERING FULL-TIME REMOTE (WORK FROM HOME) POSITIONS FOR BILINGUAL ENGLISH/SPANISH SPEAKING. WILL RECEIVE A ADDITIONAL $1 PER HOUR IN PERFORMANCE OF A BILINGUAL ROLE.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for Healthcare Receivable Specialists (HRS) bilingual English/Spanish speaking. The HRS is responsible for performing phone activities to service and collect patient accounts receivables for medical accounts. HRS will locate and communicate with patients via the telephone to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements. Additionally, HRS will resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary as well as answer patients’ questions and research account changes when necessary and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, and federal and state regulations.
1. Communicate with patients in regards to the repayment of their medical debt.
- Achieve assigned goals (resolutions, call quality, productivity standards – specified by line of business).
- Make required number of phone calls daily as determined by management.
- Profile patients and obtain financial information. Update demographic and financial information on each call.
- Negotiate the best possible arrangements.
- Proficiency with company telephone system while placing outbound calls and accepting inbound calls.
2. Perform account research and route accounts through appropriate client workflows.
- Use job aids and crosswalks to answer patient questions and resolve accounts in an efficient manner.
- Perform account research and document findings.
- Effectively communicate with patients and client to obtain necessary account information.
- Ensure strong communication skills to convey intricate account information.
3. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain high quality account handling per client standards.
- Work within FDCPA, state regulations, department/division & all Compliance Policies.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in accordance with company and client specifications.
4. Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management.
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily routine.
- High school diploma (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum substitute for the checked level of education)
- 6 months work experience in a call center environment is preferred
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- English/Spanish speaking
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills, ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Good mathematical skills including calculator skills
- Goal Oriented, and seeks to consistently meet aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Negotiation, counseling and problem-solving skills
- Reliable, ability to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours as required
- Ability to learn company collections computer system and phone system
- Persistent, ability to overcome objections, ability to remove barriers
- Team player
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan