Insurance Operations Supervisor - DentalApply Now
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS POSITION IS FULL TIME REMOTE (WORK FROM HOME).
Xtend Healthcare is looking for an Insurance Operations Supervisor - Dental. This person will be responsible for the supervision of day-to-day operational tasks and processes of a remote dental billing team. Support business objectives for Xtend Healthcare and provide leadership and support to dental billing team based in remote location. Interfaces directly with clients, outsource partners and suppliers in addition to collaborating with internal business teams as needed.
Responsible for recommending operational processes and policies to facilitate attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. Delivers effective professional communication amongst internal and external teams. Provides project-specific training during onboarding and supports the productivity and quality performance of the team. Primary duties include:
- Supervision of dental billing staff and client specific Insurance Operations tasks and processes for Xtend Healthcare
- Assigns the work of direct reports
- Contributes to the decision to engage, terminate, advance, promote, or change status for employees under their supervision
- Provide and demonstrate effective leadership and soft skills in supervising operational tasks and processes to facilitate attainment of departmental performance measurements and goals.
- Mentor and develop team members on effective dental billing practices and techniques necessary to achieve excellence and maintain high performance.
- Maintain constructive relationships with co-workers and members of management.
- Provide training to new staff on Dentirx system and Alaska payers including Indian Health Service (IHS),
- Maintain an effective communications process with management, facilitating direction and operational stability.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to deploy topflight technology for improved service and reporting.
- Participate in the development and implementation of improvement strategies when objectives are not met.
- Ensure up to date billing and regulatory standards are implemented into workflow.
- Review quality audit results to identify opportunities for training.
Analysis and Reporting
- Consistently identify reasons why claims are not paid on initial submission or payment is delayed. Identify trends, revenue impact and root cause.
- Contribute supporting information regarding trends and root cause analysis for revenue cycle meetings as needed..
- Monitor and analyze productivity, inventory and quality report results to collaborate on the development of action plans for continuous performance improvement.
- Maintain regular attendance within Monday through Friday business hours on Alaska Standard time zone or as needed to maintain successful business operations. .
- Participate as a highly functioning member of the team, striving to identify methods to increase revenue and effectively resolve claims.
- Confront all obstacles with a positive outlook and an inclusive team approach.
- Accept accountability, accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Review performance data that measure productivity and goal achievement to ensure attainment of revenue and profitability targets.
High school diploma
- 2+ years of experience with Dentrix billing system and have in-depth knowledge of Dental Billing, Payment Posting & Dental Reimbursement. (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- 1+ years of experience leading a team of dental billers in exceeding expected performance levels.
- 2 + years experience with Alaska payers with specific experience in Alaska Medicaid and I.H.S. or Indian Health Services.
- Experience in MS Office products.
- Proven knowledge and compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Alaska Medicaid and Indian Health Services payer knowledge
- Project management
- Data management
- Regular attendance within business hours to accommodate the Alaska Standard time zone is a requirement for this position
- Successful track record in the completion of assigned tasks and processes
- Strong demonstration of personal initiative and self-direction
- Effective team building, coaching and leadership skills required
- Developed verbal, written, presentation and overall communication skills
- Ability to establish trust and credibility and maintain positive professional business relationships with all levels of Xtend Healthcare organization
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple priorities in a very-fast paced environment
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with management levels within the organization
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy with effective organizational skills
- Ability to identify areas of improvement, develop corrected process flows and strategically utilize resources to implement effective change
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan