Mgr, ReportingApply Now
This position emphasizes a commitment to customer support through the management, generation and analysis of custom analyses and reports with the purpose of identifying trends and opportunities for improvement, providing recommendations to the operations teams and Management based on report findings, assisting the operations teams in drafting required project documentation and tracking requests through implementation. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining key metrics reporting related to loan servicing, collections and telephony systems for the enterprise. In addition, this role fulfills crucial ad-hoc requests of the highest priority for Senior Management from which key decisions on servicing strategy are made.
This individual provides guidance, direction, project management, and project leadership for the Operational Data Management team.
- Establishes and directs the tactical short term and strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for the CCC Reporting team.
- Establishes, plans, and administers the overall policies and goals for the Reporting team.
- Analyzes the needs of departments and establishes priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the reporting processes and systems.
- Determines Reporting team’s long-term analytic needs and product acquisitions to accomplish the organization's business objectives.
- Directs the work within estimated time frames and ensures accurate reporting.
- Demonstrates capability to manage multi-task projects of high complexity. Coordinates all parties to tasks and directs the completion of projects.
- Works across business areas to provide data support for remediation efforts.
Analytic Support and Reporting
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans, for acquiring information in an efficient and cost-effective manner to provide reports to customers.
- Define and manage report distribution strategy including all of CRS and PCC reporting.
- Responsible for creating files that drive key remediation efforts such as compliance and/or audit issues, etc.
- Oversight for ICP data files and performance calculations used for awarding the ICP benefits for Operations teams.
- Must provide oversight and approval for all reporting related to reporting to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Responsible for facilitating meetings with the highest levels of Management to review results of analytic exercises, reporting or strategy change results
Personnel Management / Project Management
- Directly manages efforts of up to 7 direct reports responsible for the daily production of reporting
- Responsible for maintaining desk top procedures for each of the reports and process that support Operations (Commercial and Private Credit).
- Responsible for facilitating code reviews prior to production implementation
- Responsible for monthly / quarterly feedback sessions with each analyst
- Responsible for the reporting project lists and the appropriate prioritization of each activity/request
Ad-Hoc Request Fulfillment
- Fulfill Ad Hoc Reporting and Analytic requests from Operations Support and Business Processing Solutions Management
- Provide support to respond to inquiries from Navient Legal department about specific details of reporting
Monitoring and Testing
- Ensures all quality control test plans on existing operations are carried out as planned and in scope of a compliance, operational, and customer satisfaction perspective.
- Evaluates results and sets appropriate analytic and reporting activities based on findings within the audits.
- Coordinates remediation activities across all appropriate departments within Navient as audits are completed and issues are found.
- Bachelor’s Degree. In Management Information Systems, Computer Science/Technology, Statistics, Business Analysis, Business Management, or Finance. Additional equivalent education above the required minimum can substitute for level of experience.
- 5+ years of specialized experience including project development from inception to deployment, expertise in the management of resources using complex reporting mechanisms, demonstrated capability in managing multi-task projects of various types and complexity.
- 4 years of working experience with SAS and/or SQL coding
- 3 years of Management experience Expert level experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) Strong working knowledge of the student loan industry
- Strong working knowledge of call center environments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate/present to all levels of Operations Support Management and across business lines to achieve project results
- Exposure to or experience using and/or a thorough understanding of each of the products and services in use at Navient (CLASS, FDR)
- Problem/Change Management
- Experience with Service Desk or other problem/change tracking tools
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience developing, automating and analyzing reports and generating conclusions from available information
- Ability to aggregate large amounts of data from varying database locations and types in order to compile an intuitive summary which can be used for high-level decision making
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into issues and products that impact analytic & reporting needs.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to consistently meet expected deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize/analyze/resolve system and procedural problems
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities of a project group
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to work independently with high levels of initiative
- Willingness to dedicate time necessary to meet aggressive timelines on high profile projects
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.