Senior .NET Developer – Product EngineeringApply Now
Our Senior .NET Developer will support Navient’s mission by bringing leading-edge expertise and vision to our Product Engineering team. The Senior.NET Developer is a key member of our product team, producing results independently and collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
Essential Job Functions:
Product Team Member
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Responsible for turning action items on the product backlog into functional pieces of a potentially shippable product
- Deliver business value for the product
- Work with product owners to understand business needs/priorities
Functional Expertise: .NET
- Expert in object-oriented programming specifically with C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WebAPI
- Strong knowledge of REST and Microservices
- Familiarity with T-SQL, ADO.NET, and EntityFramework
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns such as Factory, Singleton, and Adapter
- Maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Stay current with trends, best practices, and methodologies in areas of functional expertise
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum.
- 7 years of overall IT experience
- 5 years of experience in Solution Architecture or Application Development
- Strong experience with the following web, application, and database technologies: .NET web framework, .NET Core, C#, REST and Microservices
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and writing reusable libraries
- Familiarity with T-SQL, ADO.NET, and Entity Framework
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms using TDD and unit tests like XUnit, NUnit
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.