Senior Strategy AnalystApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com
The Navient Consumer Lending team manages the NaviRefi Student Loan Refinance product.Come work with a dynamic team that is both innovative and collaborative.We are looking for a Senior Strategy Analyst that is self-motivated and has a history of identifying opportunities in their respective business areas.
The Senior Strategy Analyst will have analytical experience in a strategic area and experience with reporting, data mining, predictive modeling, and forecasting. It is preferred that the candidate also have experience in the student loan industry and knowledge of student loan practices/policies. The candidate must also have proven abilities to manage multiple tasks at one time as well as exceptional presentation and organizational skills.
Responsibilities will include strategy reporting, strategy enhancements and other ad hoc analytics. This analyst will be required to build relationships across the organization as well as within their immediate business area to gain support and increase speed of execution of new strategies. In addition, the analyst will be responsible for the creation and monitoring of strategy performance connected not only to strategies developed by the team but also ones used in day to day operations and forecasting. Tasks will include, but are not limited to reporting on performance, portfolio trends, performance metrics, strategy performance analytics, inventory management, development of new business tools, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Strategy Monitoring/Enhancements
- Monitor strategy performance and communicate results in a timely manner.
- Understand goals of each strategy and communicate results appropriately
- Ensure the appropriate tests and controls are in place to evaluate strategies
- Update monthly/quarterly strategy reporting
2. Organizational Skills
- Develop specific, detailed timelines with timetable descriptions for strategy implementation
- Manage implementation and review of existing / new operational strategies, analyses and models simultaneously
- Keep leaders in operations, business lines and business support groups informed of ongoing developments and early indications of strategy or model performance and operational metrics
3. Ad Hoc Analysis
- Respond to requests for data and analytics
- Assist with developing analytics which support operational changes
4. Portfolio Analysis
- Analyze portfolio performance by combination of variables and metrics
- Understand the true drivers of operations strategy and decision-making
- Bachelor’s Degree - Business, Accounting, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance. - additional equivalent experience may substitute for degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in reporting, analysis, and strategy development preferably in the financial services industry
- Minimum 2 years of SQL, SAS, or equivalent querying language experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a project lead or key participant in multiple projects
- Ability to develop and implement business strategies
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of raw data to identify trends within the data that could be used to define and drive strategies and segmentations
- Proven ability to proactively identify opportunities based off his/her analytical insight
- Ability to adjust to fluctuating workload with the pressure of aggressive deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively and concisely present key findings to senior management
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.