Sr. Software Engineer, Full-Stack (REMOTE)Apply Now
As the healthcare arm ofNavient (Nasdaq: NAVI), Xtend Healthcare is an industry-leading provider of revenue cycle management (RCM) and public health solutions. Based in Hendersonville, TN, our seasoned team, proprietary technologies, local market knowledge, agility, scale, and tailored solutions help optimize customers’ programs, so they can deliver on their missions.
Our Full-Stack Sr. Software Engineer (remote) will actively participate in the analysis, development and implementation of software solutions for our clients. This includes analysis of systems and business specifications, development of solutions via programming, documentation of methods, and coding, testing, correcting, and revising applications/programs. Key skills will include application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development
- Design, develop, and maintain applications using C#/.NET, React.JS, .NET Core, and SQL Server (2012 or newer)
- Coordinate and ensure software solutions adhere to defined technical and/or business requirements and rules
- Provide support for your solutions, including analysis, issue tracking and resolution.
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion.
- Be able to organize own time, schedule tasks for completion, and deliver work to that schedule
- Troubleshoot development and production issues as required
- Assist in reviewing other developer’s code
- Writing Unit tests
- Consult with other team members, managers regarding status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan solutions and/or modifications of an existing system.
- May serve as mentor to junior Programmer/Analysts.
- Answers questions from junior Programmer/Analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area or related STEM field.
- Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the level of education
- Additional education above the required minimum may substitute for the level of experience.
- Solid understanding of relational databases
- Experience with unit testing and refactoring
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean Development Environment: Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Managing tasks and assignment in a work ticketing system such as Jira or Sharepoint.
- Working knowledge of delivery of software (CI/CD): Azure DevOps preferred
- Working knowledge of frontend and backend development using Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technologies
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
- Working knowledge of RESTFUL APIs
- Ability to use Message Queueing Systems, e.g. RabbitMQ, MSMQ
- Knowledge of Entity Framework
- Ability to work with relational database concepts, and n-tier application design
- Understanding of Design Patterns & Principles (SOLID, SOA, N-Tier, etc.)
- Ability to comfortably communicate in a team setting (in-person or virtual)
- Ability to work independently
- Regular attendance during scheduled business hours
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.