Sr. Software Engineer- FullStack Vue.JSApply Now
Navient is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer, Full Stack to be part of a team with opportunities to develop different products, such as web applications and web APIs. Engineer collaborates with architects, testers, and business analysts to design, and develop software based on functional requirements. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can develop business solutions from start to finish (from requirements gathering and development to testing, delivery and maintenance). This Engineer is a key member of a team supporting our product, producing results independently and collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Design, code, debug, test, document and maintain complex applications software.
- Write unit test plans and perform test runs.
- Research and resolve production problems.
- May perform moderate to high degrees of business analysis and/or technical analysis.
- Perform system migrations.
- May serve as technical lead on project.
- Interacts with technical team and business unit on regular basis.
- May serve as mentor to junior level Programmer/Analysts.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology or related area (Additional experience may substitute).
- 5 years software application development experience (Additional education may substitute).
- Strong experience with the following web and application technologies: Vue.JS, Typescript, .NET web framework, .NET Core.
- Experience with multiple programming languages/technologies such as .NET, C#, XML, XSLT, SQL, SOAP, JSON, RESTful API.
- Proficient in C# with a good knowledge of their ecosystems.
- Proficient with relational databases (RDBMS) technologies (including MSSQL Server, Oracle).
- Experience using Azure DevOps or TFS for automated deployments and Git for source code management.
- Experience developing and maintaining enterprise APIs.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming Skill for writing reusable libraries.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S citizenship
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.