Supervisor I, Insurance OperationsApply Now
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Supervisor I, Insurance Operations. This position will be responsible for the management of insurance operations, training, planning and strategic direction to support business objectives for the assigned Xtend Healthcare Insurance Operations client(s). The incumbent is responsible for improving performance and revenue for insurance client operations while maintaining optimum service levels and quality. The incumbent will oversee insurance collection operations for specified client(s), managing operations service center and remote teams, and offshore delivery teams. The candidate will also interface directly with client representatives, outsource partners and suppliers, and collaborate with internal business teams to manage growth plans.
This position will be responsible for recommending, developing and implementing operational plans and policies to ensure attainment of near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives. The Supervisor is responsible for the optimization of performance and effective employee and client management and communication, assisting as appropriate in obtaining new business when requested. The Supervisor will oversee and coordinate all onboarding, productivity, and quality performance of supervised teams.
- Primary duties include management of client specific insurance collection operations for Xtend Healthcare.
- Responsible for making decisions or recommendations concerning hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or other changes of status for employees under his or her supervision
- Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
1. Department Management.
- Establishes a communications process with management and supervisory staff, facilitating direction and operational stability.
- Communicates and reports all client and internal performance objectives to ensure compliance with center, corporate, and client goals.
- Provides and demonstrates effective leadership and soft skills in managing operations to ensure attainment of departmental performance measurements and goals.
- Provides interface with other corporate departments regarding operations marketing, programming, human resource and all other pertinent issues
- Disseminates information regarding the corporation, industry, competition and other relative issues to management staff
- Implements methods designed to effectively gather and assess customer feedback
- Prepare regular executive reviews and briefings as required.
- Monitor individual and departmental performance objective
- Direct improvement strategies when objectives are not me
- Coach team members on effective insurance operations techniques necessary to achieve excellence and maintain high performance.
- Analyze productivity, inventory and quality report results to formulate action plans for continuous performance improvement.
2. Other duties as assigned to meet overall department goals.
3. Be committed to personal growth and development through internal and corporate training.
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related degree (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
- 5 + years of experience working in insurance collections environment exceeding expected performance levels (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of progressive responsibilities towards leadership level roles with proven experience in insurance operations.
- Successful track record leading and developing direct reports.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office products
- Strong demonstration of personal initiative and self-direction.
- Proven experience leading strategic initiatives with both direct and indirect reports.
- Prove knowledge and compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements
- Credentialing experience is a plus
- Firm understanding gained through either education or experience of the entire physician revenue cycle operation, consulting experience and participation in sales opportunities a plus.
- Strong Collection and Customer Service Aptitude with insurance collections, both on and offshore.
- Effective team building, coaching and leadership skills required.
- Possess excellent leadership, analytical, project management, and creative skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple projects in a very-fast paced environment.
- Must possess effective change management.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to efficiently lead and coordinate a team to deliver the desired result.
- Highly developed and excellent ability to problem solve and make decisions. Must be able to identify root causes to problems and develop solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills.
- Process flow development and support abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan