VP, Mid-Revenue Cycle OperationsApply Now
The Vice President of Mid-Revenue Operations is charged with providing strategic, operations, and tactical leadership of Xtend’s comprehensive middle revenue cycle services including CDI, Charge Capture, HIM Operations, and Coding for hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient and physician/ambulatory practices. This key leader will own overall P&L, business management, and personnel management of the leadership team and operations staff, both non-clinical and clinical, across multiple geographic locations. The Vice President of Mid-Revenue Cycle Operations will develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our Mid-Revenue Cycle organization.
As a key member of Xtend’s management team, this role will require a collaborative working style, with experience influencing internal and external stakeholders through vision, inspiration and compelling analysis that enables key decision making. This leader will work closely with the VP of Centralized Revenue Cycle Operations to execute new opportunities and drive the market competitiveness of Xtend’s mid-revenue cycle operations.
The position requires a successful track record of optimizing management practices and building capabilities that create best practice process redesign and lasting impact for our clients. Excellent communication skills are essential, with demonstrated history of effectively influencing leadership positions and driving desired outcomes.
Direct supervision of ~5 direct reports with ~500 total indirect reports with ability to travel up to 50%. Flexibility will be needed based on business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides direction, training, planning and strategic direction to support Xtend’s Mid-Revenue Cycle business units.
- Advances Xtend’s clinical documentation operational strategies including integrating and implementing related best practices.
- Responsible for facilities management as it relates to expansion and/or consolidation, information systems, and communication systems and other technology needs.
- Collaborate and align with other lines of business to drive organizational efficiencies and to develop the infrastructure for future growth.
- Works with leadership team members to Identify service level opportunities or deficiencies.
- Build and manage strategic vendor relationships.
- Lead process improvements and provide oversight to increase the performance of the HIM organization.
- Recommend, develop, and implement operational plans and policies to ensure attainment of our client’s near-term performance targets as well as long-term strategic business objectives.
Service Level Reporting:
- Works with clients to facilitate operational reviews of contractual baselines and performance thresholds.
- Prepare and manage budget plans and financial forecasting activities.
- Coordinates with business development to obtain various financial inputs required to support deal model development.
Workforce Management and Productivity:
- Provide strong leadership for talent growth by overseeing talent plans and strategies to attract, motivate, and retain a diverse, qualified and engaged team to fulfill current and future business needs.
- Collaborate with clients and executive leadership to develop and deploy staffing models to achieve service level opportunities.
- Provide ongoing coaching and developing of staff and ensure resource planning.
- Uses collaborative team building skills while working closely with all functioning departments to maximize client satisfaction and identify transition and expansion opportunities.
- Proven ability to function effectively, exert influence and gain consensus at different organizational levels.
- Ability to influence internal as well as external constituents.
- Proven ability to develop meaningful visual presentations and meeting collateral.
- Strong communication and organizational skills needed to drive change.
- Enhances Xtend’s organizational infrastructure by leveraging existing and new technologies to expand product offerings, generate additional revenue opportunities, and improve client experience.
- Establishes and maintain key customer relationships through regular interaction including presenting of relevant performance metrics.
- Assists existing Service Line leaders in the adherence of contractual SOWs.
- Participates and provides feedback in prospective engagement discussions to include evaluation of new opportunities, development of operating models, implementation of due diligence processes, and integration management.
- Bachelor's Degree (HIM or Nursing preferred); additional equivalent experience above the requirement minimum may substitute for degree
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive professional experience in Health Information Management with a proven track record of designing and leading CDI, Charge Capture, HIM Operations, and Coding for hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient and physician/ambulatory practices; additional equivalent education above the requirement minimum may substitute for experience.
- Experience leading and growing teams both centralized and remote, budgeting, establishing and maintaining customer relationships, driving results and working with organizations across the enterprise.
- Must have business experience, understand business drivers and be able to translate business needs into workable project plans.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills – must be able to communicate in a professional, articulate and clear manner to all levels of client and internal corporate personnel. Must possess a high level of comfort with leading presentation of status updates and project recommendations and results to executive level client leaders and client/internal corporate teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills – demonstrated courteous and professional manner and demeanor at all times. Must have ability to quickly establish client trust and credibility, and maintain positive professional business leadership relationships with senior management, managers, work teams, and departments supporting the business
- Planning and organization skills – attention to detail and able to use time efficiently and effectively, ability to prioritize and delegate tasks, and possess a high level of self-motivation
- Strong problem resolution skills - capacity to gather and analyze information rapidly and apply logical judgment and usable conclusions to client problems. Ability to identify tasks appropriate for delegation and manage appropriately
- High level of adaptability - must display ability to quickly adapt to changes in work environments, scope of projects, client sponsors and internal corporate requirements
- Ability to network and communicate with individuals at all levels of Navient
- Identifies and mentors team members to assume new tasks/job roles and responsibilities. Consistently serves as a role model for client and internal work teams
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility to travel up to 50%
- Epic EHR Management Experience Preferred
Excellent presentation, follow-up and negotiation skills are required, along with experience managing a remote workforce
- Microsoft Office proficiency with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan