VP, Revenue IntegrityApply Now
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
The Vice President, Revenue Integrity is charged with providing strategic, operations, and tactical leadership of Xtend’s comprehensive middle revenue cycle services related to Revenue Integrity. Reporting to the SVP, Revenue Cycle Operations, this key leader will own overall P&L, business management, and personnel management of the leadership team and operations staff, both non-clinical and clinical, across multiple geographic locations. The Assistant Vice President of Revenue Integrity will develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our Revenue Integrity organization.
As a key member of Xtend’s management team, this role will require a collaborative working style, with experience influencing internal and external stakeholders through vision, inspiration and compelling analysis that enables key decision making. This leader will work closely with the SVP of Revenue Cycle Operations to execute new opportunities and drive the market competitiveness of Xtend’s Revenue Integrity Services
The position requires a successful track record of optimizing management practices and building capabilities that create best practice process redesign and lasting impact for our clients. Excellent communication skills are essential, with demonstrated history of effectively influencing leadership positions and driving desired outcomes.
Direct supervision of ~8 direct reports with ~ total indirect reports with ability to travel up to 50%. Flexibility will be needed based on business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operational Management
- Service Level Reporting
- Financial Reporting
- Workforce Management and Productivity
- Change Management
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education)
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive professional experience in Revenue Integrity with a proven track record of designing and leading CDM, Auditing, Education, for hospital inpatient, hospital outpatient and physician/ambulatory practices.
- Working knowledge and experience in I CD10, CPT and HCPCS level II coding.
- Knowledge, understanding and proper application of Medicaid, Medicare and third-party payer UB-04 billing and reporting requirements including resolution of CCI, MUE and medical necessity edits applied to claims.
- Knowledge of current code bundling rules and regulations along with proficiency on issues regarding compliance, and reimbursement under outpatient grouping systems such as Medicare OPS and Medicaid or commercial insurance EAPG's.
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital charge description master coding systems and structures.
- Experience leading and growing teams both centralized and remote, budgeting, establishing and maintaining customer relationships, driving results and working with organizations across the enterprise.
- Must have business experience, understand business drivers and be able to translate business needs into workable project plans.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills – must be able to communicate in a professional, articulate and clear manner to all levels of client and internal corporate personnel. Must possess a high level of comfort with leading presentation of status updates and project recommendations and results to executive level client leaders and client/internal corporate teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills – demonstrated courteous and professional manner and demeanor at all times. Must have ability to quickly establish client trust and credibility, and maintain positive professional business leadership relationships with senior management, managers, work teams, and departments supporting the business
- Planning and organization skills – attention to detail and able to use time efficiently and effectively, ability to prioritize and delegate tasks, and possess a high level of self-motivation
- Strong problem resolution skills - capacity to gather and analyze information rapidly and apply logical judgment and usable conclusions to client problems. Ability to identify tasks appropriate for delegation and manage appropriately
- High level of adaptability - must display ability to quickly adapt to changes in work environments, scope of projects, client sponsors and internal corporate requirements
- Ability to network and communicate with individuals at all levels of Navient
- Identifies and mentors team members to assume new tasks/job roles and responsibilities. Consistently serves as a role model for client and internal work teams
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility to travel up to 50%
- Epic EHR Experience Preferred
- Excellent presentation, follow-up and negotiation skills are required, along with experience managing a remote workforce
- Microsoft Office proficiency with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.