Finance Systems Automation AnalystApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team of Navient is a high performing and highly visible team, whose primary mission is to provide support for the corporation’s financial budgeting and forecasting at the enterprise level. As a member of this team, the Analyst’s initial objective will be to assist in developing efficiencies and automation in the current modeling and reporting structure. Subsequently, the Analyst will assist in developing more sophisticated and cutting-edge mechanisms in order to elevate the quality of company intelligence on financials and forecasts. The Analyst will continue to monitor and provide support on implemented automation.
Specifically, the Analyst will work with senior team members to collaborate on the development and implementation of automation. The Financial Planning & Analysis team, in concert with other business and operational partners, will utilize the efficiencies implemented to better track changes to forecasts and budgets, reduce manual labor work and enhance the group’s analytical capacity.
The desired primary skillset is advanced knowledge of VBA and Excel Macros coding. Experience with UI Path, Robotic Process Automation, SQL and Tableau are preferable.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Implement automation on current modeling and reporting processes – Meet with management to discuss previously identified areas of practice with opportunities for efficiency. Collaborate with management on the design, plan and implementation of automation to reduce manual processes, updates, controls and tracking for audit purposes.
2. Provide support on established automation – Review current automation processes and ensure structures are operating as expected and efficiently. Assist in the enhancements of current automation processes.
3. Perform ad hoc requests to streamline processes – Assist process owners with the implementation of short term solutions to streamline processes prior to or during financial reporting cycles.
4. Document processes and changes made to models and processes – Thoroughly document the structure of processes in place as well as changes made. Documentation will be comprehensive in nature covering the theory, intent, assumptions, mechanics, calculations and controls of each process. Documents should also include detailed step by step processes for new users to utilize and follow in order to make updates and run processes independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics (Other areas of study may be considered based on experience)
- 2+ years’ experience with VBA coding and process automation
- 2+ years’ experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and structural design skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.