Financial AnalystApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) is seeking to hire a Financial Analyst to support the production, maintenance and development of models and processes performed for the financial planning, analysis and forecasting of Navient. The FP&A team is a high performing and highly visible team, whose primary mission is to provide key business and performance intelligence to executive management that enables accurate, efficient, and optimal financial management and decision making. The required budgeting and reporting functions include coordinating with the various departments and business units, development and deployment of budgeting and forecasting models, analyzing cash flow projections and reporting and analyses for senior management.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Budgeting and Forecasting
- Provide guidance and assistance to business units and cost center head for the preparation of their respective operating expense budget and forecast
- Develop and become efficient in the company’s budgeting and reporting tool (Hyperion & Essbase) to produce meaningful reports and analysis
- Analyze and explain any new trends affecting the annual budget and subsequent forecasts and make recommendations to the management team
2. Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Produce actual operating expense reports with comparisons to budget and prior periods for distribution to senior management and cost center heads
- Assist in the research of results comparing actual vs forecast/plan for senior executives on monthly basis with insight on main drivers/trends.
- Monitor expense trend as a part of responsibility for cost allocation across the organization.
3. Cash Flow Forecast
- Participate in modeling and analyzing cash flow trends and provide analysis results to management
- Work with various accounting groups and capital markets to maintain cash flow model on an on-going basis
- Support the production of the life-of-loan cash flow, assist in preparation of materials for Earnings and Investor presentations
4. General Ledger Account Maintenance
- Maintain the general ledger account maintenance for across the organization
5. Ad Hoc Request
- Provide support for and advise groups in dealing with budget/forecast related issues
- Perform ad hoc analyses and special projects for senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance or Accounting degree preferred – additional equivalent experience may substitute
- 2+ years experience in financial analysis, corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Expertise in financial modeling and standards of practice
- Coding experience is highly preferred. Working knowledge of SQL/SAS or building Excel Macros in VBA will be considered favorably
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.