Manager, Corporate Tax (Federal Research)Apply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Manager, Corporate Tax is responsible for assisting with federal tax research, planning, compliance, and audits.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage federal tax research, planning, and compliance function
- Perform tax research/planning activities as needed
- Prepare/review book-tax differences on a quarterly/annual basis
- Track new developments in tax law and accounting
- Draft responses for federal audit information requests
2. Tax Department Support and Internal Control Process Design and Testing
- Support state/local tax teams as needed
- Assist in developing/reviewing federal tax compliance policies
- Assist in testing internal controls
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting
- 5+ years overall experience in tax/accounting
- Tax research/writing experience in a corporate tax department
- Experience in federal corporate income taxation
- CPA or CPA eligible/JD/or MST
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with financial institutions
- Experience with tax accounting under ASC 740
- Experience with OneSource Tax Calendar and Tax Provision systems
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Workday
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.