Manager, Corporate Tax (State)Apply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
Join Navient as a Manager of Corporate Tax. The Corporate Tax Manager is responsible for managing various state and local tax functions, including managing the preparation and review of in-house state and local income and franchise tax compliance on both a separate company and unitary basis, various non-income tax filings, and assist the state tax director with managing state and local tax audits. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing the ASC 740 state tax accounting and FIN48 calculations.
1. Manage state income tax compliance process
- Review state income tax returns
- Review state quarterly estimated tax payments
- Review state extensions
- Monitor tracking of filings and report status
2. Manage the following non-income tax compliance
- Sales & Use Tax
- Gross Receipts Tax
- Property Tax
3. Manage ASC 740 calculation process on an annual and quarterly basis
- Monitor applicable state law changes
- Review state effective tax rates
- Review state income tax expense
- Provide all data to Director, Corporate Tax for inclusion in consolidated calculations
4. Manage state FIN48 calculations
- Review quarterly calculations
- Identity new uncertain tax positions
5. Assist state tax director with the management and completion of state and local tax audits
- Track and Respond to IDR’s
- Maintain tax audit files
- Bring audits to successful resolution
6. Assist with federal tax compliance as needed
- Prepare/review Sched M adjustments
- Assist with preparation/review of subsidiary pro-forma federal tax returns
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of Tax/Compliance experience with large-size accounting firm or Corporate Tax department
- Experience in state corporate income taxation
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with tax software, preferably OneSource
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Experience with Big 4
- Experience with financial institutions
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.