Senior Internal Auditor - Data AnalyticsApply Now
Navient's Internal Audit department works to promote an effective internal control environment through risk-based audits, controls testing, pre-implementation reviews, special projects, and risk and control education. Audits and reviews are focused in many areas such as information technology, operational, and regulatory compliance, as well as company governance and financial functions. To support the audit process, Navient has a dedicated Data Analytics (DA) team that works with the Internal Audit team on a project by project basis to automate testing where possible and perform testing on large datasets with computer-aided audit techniques.
Navient has a great opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst. The Senior Data Analyst with the support of the DA Director will (1) Lead the planning, design, and presentation of analytics to assist the Internal Audit team with specific audit testing. (2) Independently test risk areas to ensure compliance with internal policy and regulatory requirements. (3) Ensure all assigned test work is adequately documented in accordance with the department's policies and procedures and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards. (4) Understand, track, assess, and follow up on deficiencies/exceptions noted during testing. (5) Summarize and effectively report testing results both orally and in writing to the audit team and/or management. (6) With the support of the DA Director, perform special projects as necessary. (7) Assist in developing and overseeing both the data analytic staff and staff auditors. (8) As part of Data Analytics testing, evaluate the state of management's documentation and testing of controls. (9) Grow Internal Audit's inventory of data and administer the Internal Audit Data Warehouse.
1. Assist with planning and lead execution of data analytics to assist the Internal Audit team in the performance of specific audit testing and to address risk areas and test controls against internal policy and regulatory requirements
2. Assist in management and development of data analytic staff and staff auditors
3. Assist in the planning and execution of special projects, administrative activities, and investigations as needed.
This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
* Bachelor's Degree - Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information System Management, Data Analytics or Engineering
* 3-5 years of auditing, analytics, data mining, programming, or relevant work experience is preferred.
* 1-2 years of supervisory experience
* Must demonstrate experience in planning and executing projects from start to finish while supervising staff
* Must demonstrate experience in: Relationship Building and Talent Management.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to work with others in a team environment
* Independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task varying priorities and meet deadlines
* Solid analytical aptitude and research skills
* Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
* Ability and willingness to travel out of town on a periodic, as needed, basis (approximately 15-25% of the time)
* Sound understanding of internal control processes.
* Working knowledge of database management systems and relational database structure.
* Ability to collect and analyze complex data, evaluate information and systems, draw logical conclusions, and provide consistent quality output.
Strong proficiency and experience using:
* R and SQL
* Advanced Excel and MS Access.
* Demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation of data.
* Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files.
* Adept at development of analytics, documentation and report writing.
Proficiency in all or some of the following is preferred:
* SAS/Python/Excel (VBA)/Other statistical programming languages
* Tableau/Other data visualization programs
* Microsoft Access with SQL
* Business Objects
* Business Intelligence
Preferred Qualifications* CIA or CISA is preferred. CPA is plus.
* Experience working in Internal Audit, Data Mining/Analysis, Data Research and Quantitative Analysis, Risk Management, or Regulatory Compliance function
* Experience in a Public Accounting environment
* Financial services and/or student loan experience