Sr Financial Analyst IIApply Job ID 17882678014 Location Reston, VA Company Name Navient
The Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) is seeking to hire a Senior Analyst to support the production, maintenance and development of models and processes performed for the financial planning, analysis and forecasting of Navient. The FP&A team is a high performing and highly visible team, whose primary mission is to provide key business and performance intelligence to executive management that enables accurate, efficient, and optimal financial management and decision making. The successful candidate will have a high degree of technical skills in using Excel. The candidate will assist in analyzing new business opportunities, financial outcomes for various financing vehicles, and prepare materials for Executive meetings, Board of Director meetings, Rating Agency updates, and financing due diligence.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis needs to be a self-starter who is highly organized and motivated to make a meaningful contribution to the team's advancement and success. He/she will need to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities. This person will need the ability to work across the organization, interacting with other finance and accounting personnel to gather relevant information for modeling purposes and upper management presentations. This person must be able to communicate effectively to keep management informed of their status and to ask questions to better their understanding. This person will need to be prepared to handle changing priorities and heavy workloads during periods of intense activity.
1. Forecasting and Strategic Planning Model Development
* Gain an understanding of the inputs, calculations and outputs of the various Models within FP&A.
* Make recommendations for Model enhancements to increase efficiency and streamline reporting. Improvements should include all aspects of the Model process. Special attention should be made to including automation, embedding controls and checks into the process and minimizing any unnecessary data/reporting.
* Develop and execute plans for Model enhancements. Validate the results are as expected to ensure consistency with current processes. Train the staff and management currently performing the Model updates on the enhancements.
* Work with other groups within Navient as needed to incorporate Model enhancements, including Data Governance, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Analytics Governance, etc.
* Create and maintain documentation that complies with the Model Risk Management guidelines within Navient including step-by-step procedures, list of inputs, calculations, embedded assumptions, etc.
* Participate in adding new initiatives or transactions into the various Models.
2. Financial Analysis and Reporting
* Support the production of the life-of-loan cash flow, discounted cash flow models and other processes or models needed to support FP&A production expectations
* Responsible for updating calculations for complex revenue recognition models and valuation models for intangible assets
* Review product line P&L's and communicate results to management
* Assist in the research of results comparing actual vs forecast/plan for senior executives on monthly basis with insight on main drivers/trends.
* Oversee financial analysis when evaluating pricing, valuation and operational decisions
3. Project Work
* Participate in modeling and analyzing complex business transactions and provide analysis results to management
* Participate in the financial component on M&A opportunities by creating/evaluating cash flows, accretion analysis and GAAP financials.
* Participate in RFP responses for financial components as necessary, particularly the determination of pricing and margin for financial assets
* Represent FP&A in Data Governance and Analytics Councils. Participate in company-wide initiatives for new data tools.
4. Presentation materials
* Own and coordinate the preparation of Board of Directors and Executive Management presentations on behalf of CFO
* Assist in preparation of materials for Rating Agency, Earnings and Investor presentations
* 3+ years experience in financial analysis, corporate accounting and/or public accounting
* Expertise in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Expertise in financial modeling and standards of practice
* Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Accounting degree preferred.