Structured Finance SpecialistApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
This Structured Finance Specialist supports the corporation’s asset backed funding program by providing analytical and process support for financial modeling, transaction structuring that meet market and rating agency requirements and analytical efforts that will allow the corporation to enhance and grow its asset-backed securitization (ABS) program.
The Senior Specialist will need to develop a good understanding of financial markets and the companies’ assets and financing vehicles. The Senior Specialist should have a basic understanding of discounted cash flow analysis and develop the ability to apply financial modeling techniques to student loan portfolios and financing instruments.
The Senior Specialist will interact with the Director, Financial Modeling to utilize MS Office-based financial models for cash flow analysis. The Senior Specialist will need to develop an understanding of the laws and regulations governing the student loan program that are critical for accurate model development.
The individual will preferably have an educational background in finance or economics and some familiarity with applications related to modeling and analysis, especially Microsoft Excel and Access. Background in VBA, SQL and/or SAS is an additional helpful qualification. The position requires the Senior Specialist to be able to apply valid assumptions, operate complex financial models, and have a basic understanding of cashflow results. The Senior Specialist may have the ability to solve basic programming problems that are encountered in the development of reports and valuation tools.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Transaction Support
- Prepare rating agency presentations
- Prepare stratification reports for the prospectus
2, Perform supporting analysis for existing transactions
- Running monthly and quarterly cashflow analysis provided to Bloomberg and internal runs provided to the Accounting department
- Periodic portfolio reporting as needed to support existing transaction mechanisms, such as remarketing
3. Perform ad hoc analyses to support requests by management.
- Assist with the reporting and analysis of existing securitizations
- Cashflow analysis and reporting as-needed for Rating Agency queries
4. Work with Trust Ops to support Trust reporting excel models for transactions
- Create new waterfall models for Trust Operations
- Support existing waterfall models
4. Model Support
- Work with the Financial Models group to understand and implement new modelling applications
- Enhance documentation
- Bachelors Degree – Finance or Related
- 0-2 years’ experience with financial modeling/analysis
- 0-2 years’ experience in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Financial analysis, statistical, and modeling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.