Supervisor, Treasury OperationsApply Now
Navient provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations.
The Supervisor, Treasury position oversees all aspects of treasury functions relating to cash management, cash forecasting, cash positioning, investments, debt, swaps, and collateral administration. This include the oversight of ICE Controls policies, procedures, and disaster recovery plan. The position is required to cross-train and back up another supervisor in Treasury Operations relating to Trust operations. This position oversees up to four direct reports. The individual must have a working knowledge and experience with managing bank accounts along with handling multiple banking relationships. Other responsibilities include oversight of processing and settling ACHs, wires, and security transactions. The incumbent must be detailed oriented to ensure accuracies and deadlines are met. The individual must be able to work under pressure, resolve issues as they arise, and follow proper protocols. The position must possess good organization skills, be able to manage employees, and prioritize workflows and projects. Availability after business hours due to unexpected delays will be required.
Professional and strong communication skills are required to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts; Capital Markets, Corporate Accounting, counter parties, and correspondent banks, and senior management at all levels.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Personnel Management
- Work with direct manager and staff to develop and set goals for employees
- Review and assess employee’s performance and provide coaching and feedback for improvement.
- Schedule periodic meetings with staff to communicate expectation and keep staff updated on his/her performance prior to annual reviews.
2. Cash Desk & Cash Management
- Oversee the daily operations of Cash Desk to ensure accuracy of cash positioning and the monitor of cash flows for forecasting purposes. Ensure trades and transactions are processed and settled within guidelines.
- Oversee the daily operations of Cash Management relating to daily cash concentration, opening, closing and maintaining bank accounts, this includes the oversight of check processing, funds transfers, tax payments, and the review of monthly bank fees.
- Ensure all reporting and reconciliations are performed accurately and timely.
3. Back Office Operations
- Oversee all workflow relating to investments, debt, swaps, and collateral management. This includes ensuring all required reporting are completed timely.
- Work closely with Capital Markets to ensure trade deals are settled accurately and timely.
- Oversee the timely payment of invoices pertaining to various debt program.
4. ICE Control and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Ensure staff are updating procedures as they relate to their responsibilities
- Ensure ICE Controls testing are performed and administered according to deadlines
- Review and approve procedures in PolicyTech and make any necessary updates.
- Perform annual disaster recovery testing, collaborate with Crisis Mgmt and Business Continuity to perform business unit testing and updating the BIA and BRP (Business Analysis and Business Resumption Plan) documents.
5. Coverage and Projects
- Ensure self and staff are crossed trained to provide backup for supervisor, analyst, and specialist within the group.
- Work with manager on projects as directed.
- Bachelors Degree- Business, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience within treasury operations field
- Knowledge of payment systems, both domestic and foreign
- Knowledge of complicated corporate debt, swap structure, and settlement of these trades
- Experience supervising employees
- Familiarity with DTC and Fed Book Eligible security transfers.
- Familiarity with wire and ACH funds transfers.
- Knowledge of ISDA and CSA terminology.
- The incumbent must have basic knowledge of ISDA rules and payment methodologies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.