Treasury Operations Specialist - Cash ManagementApply Now
The Treasury Operations Specialist is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the company’s bank accounts, processing of funds transfers, and opening and closing of bank accounts. The incumbent performs a daily review of Navient’s depository account balances, determines cash concentration amounts, and calculates cash movements for Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries. The position works with multiple banks and various internal departments such as AP/Payroll, Legal, Tax, and other subsidiaries on a regular basis. Treasury Operations Specialist is also responsible for handling monthly bank analysis fees, performing research requests, maintaining fraud control measures, and ensuring all activities are done in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent will be cross trained to provide backup support for other specialists and analysts within the group. The individual will be assigned ad hoc projects as requested by management.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Cash Concentration Functions
2. Electronic Transfer Functions
3. Bank Administration Functions
4. Check Processing
5. Administrative Functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field, preferably Finance
- 0-1 year of experience within the Business or Finance field required
- Familiarity with Treasury operations and the banking industry is helpful.
- Familiarity with funds transfers.
- Familiarity with banking software.
- The position requires an individual who can work with minimal supervision under strict time constraints and periods of high pressure. The individual should have strong organization, prioritization, analytic and problem-solving skills. The incumbent must have a high degree of accuracy in all areas of work and ability to plan and manage daily tasks. Ability to communicate effectively with all level of management, banks and other departments within Navient.
- Excellent personal computer skills including a high level of proficiency with Excel, Word and Microsoft Access.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.