Treasury Operations SpecialistApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Treasury Operations Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate operations, maintenance and administration of the Navient Education Loan Trusts as dictated by the underlying trust agreements. This position uses applied knowledge of financial instruments and financing structure mechanics to perform processes that affect Navient’s corporate funding operations.
The Treasury Operations Specialist is responsible for the payments, reporting, cash reconciliation and compliance of the Navient Education Loan Trusts. The position will also play an active role in supporting multiple audits throughout the year and ensure Navient’s compliance with Regulation AB and other various required audits.
Strong communication skills are required to effectively communicate with external counter parties, broker/dealer, correspondent banks, and various internal groups such as Capital Markets, Corporate Accounting, Compliance, and senior management. This position reports to the Supervisor of Treasury Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Facility compliance, payment and reporting activities
2. Facility secured borrowings and funding note paydown processing
3. Trust compliance, payment and reporting activities
4. Cash reconciliation in People Soft of trust activity
5. Responding to internal and external inquiries on operational issues and document guidelines
6. Data management and systems updates
7. Auditor interaction and request fulfillment
- Bachelor's degree in a business field, preferably Finance.
- 0-1 year of experience
- Proficiency in Excel is required along with basic math problem solving skills.
- Requires knowledge of how companies issue different types of debt to raise capital
- Must be comfortable taking an operational lead role in dealing with underwriters, broker dealers, banks, investors and various individuals internally on a regular basis.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal skills and have ability to bridge inter-departmental function communication gaps.
- Microsoft Access with Oracle database experience required to troubleshoot data and reporting issues
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.