Accounts Receivable Representative I - PRCMApply Now
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements.
We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems as well as physician's revenue cycle business.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
THIS POSITION WILL BE ON-SITE IN CHICAGO AT MT. SINAI HOSPITAL.
The Physician Accounts Receivable Representative I is responsible for scanning documents, batching and filing paper charge tickets, etc. They may assist in review and resolution of outstanding insurance balances on physician patient accounts. The Accounts Receivable Representative will be required to have flexibility to learning and comprehending complex hospital and physician systems along with keen analytical skills to evaluate appropriate next steps to bring aged account receivables to resolution. The Accounts Receivable Representative will be responsible to ensure cash recovery goals are met and assigned physician receivables are appropriately addressed according to company, client and federal guidelines.
1. Responsible for general office duties including but not limited to; filing, scanning, printing, data entry in support of all of all other Accounts Receivable Representatives.
- Achieve assigned goals (resolutions, account review quality, productivity standards – specified by line of business).
- Working knowledge of hospital systems, internal systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new systems quickly and develop proficient operating skills within a reasonably short time frame.
- Ability to understand directive given orally and written.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities and manage time for timely completion of assignments.
- Accurately perform tasks with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with company telephone system while placing outbound calls and accepting inbound calls.
2. Perform account research and route accounts through appropriate client workflows.
- Completes timely follow-up on assigned accounts.
- Perform account research and document findings in detailed manner.
- Prepares and makes appropriate requests for adjustment, billing, or appropriate review according to workflow or job aid directive.
- Communicate effectively with insurance companies for payment.
- Understanding of next steps needed to reach resolution of insurance balance.
- Ensure strong communication skills to convey intricate account information.
3. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and Federal Regulations.
- Maintain high quality account handling per client standards.
- Work within federal, state regulations, department/division & all Compliance Policies.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation of all attempts and/or contacts made and received for accounts in accordance with company and client specifications.
4. Maintain continuing education, training in industry career development.
- Maintain current knowledge of and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations governing phone calls and collections including HIPAA, FDCPA, Privacy Act, FCRA, etc.
- Attend training sessions as directed by management.
- Integrate information obtained through training sessions and policy changes immediately into daily routine.
- High school diploma (Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education.
- 6 months experience in related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately type 38 words per minute plus
- Flexibility with handling job responsibilities and requests
- Familiar with widely used patient accounting software
- Organization, planning and prioritizing
- Communication skills
- Data management
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Possess excellent reading and writing skills
- Strong Computer skills
- Ability to communicate successfully with patients, hospital or Xtend Employees
- Is able to work individually and as part of a team
- Possess ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Proficient in numeracy skills
- Pays close attention to detail
- Must possess excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Proficient in knowledge and use of email and internet
- Possess above average knowledge of administrative procedures
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.