Cancer Registrar - REMOTEApply Now
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements.
We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Cancer Registrar - REMOTE. Cancer Registrar Identifies, collects and maintains timely, accurate and complete information about cancer diagnosed and/or treated within the organization. Disseminates information in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, facility policy and professional ethics. Identifies cancer cases by referencing primary and secondary sources of information, including the facility's diagnostic index and copies of pathology reports generated by the facility's pathology department.
Abstracts cancer registry data, including patient demographics, diagnostic procedures, history and extent of disease, therapeutic procedures and treatment, physician, diagnosis, and related information from medical records. Codes topography, morphology, and other information relevant to registered tumor patients. Enters cancer registry information into the database according to established procedures. Obtains from physicians or patients follow-up cancer information such as treatments and length of survival.
Assists clinicians, epidemiologists and other researchers in cancer related studies and research, providing guidance in the use of the tumor registry data system. Prepares routine and special statistical reports, narratives and graphic representations. Distributes as appropriate. Preserves the privacy and security of patient health information, adhering to federal and state laws and regulations, facility policy and the National Cancer Registrar Association's Code of Ethics.
- Abstracts cancer registry data, including patient demographics, diagnostic procedures, history and extent of disease, therapeutic procedures and treatment, physician, diagnosis, and related information from medical records.
- Abstract cancer registry data including Reports created through the utilization of documented procedures to compile data.
- Completion of cancer registry information into the database
- Obtains from physicians or patients follow-up cancer information such as treatments and length of survival
- Identifies trends and reports to Director Health Information Management
- Identifies daily work queues
- Identifies potential issues or errors
- Client liaison to communicate account inquiries.
- Bachelor's of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree (Additional equivalent education above required minimum may substitute for the checked level of experience).
- Graduate of cancer registry management or health information management program
- CTR or eligible
- RHIA or RHIT with two years of cancer registry experience may be substituted for the CTR qualification
- Ability to operate computer. Familiar with Meditech Magic, Meditech Client Server, Nextgen, Patient Keeper, and MIDAS
- PC Skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- RHIT, RHIA preferred and or eligible.
- Aspiring healthcare data analysts preferred and or eligible to obtaining the Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Understanding of the healthcare business.
- Experience with Windows-based applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc) or other collaborative tools.
- Proven ability to learn and understand relational database theory, concepts ad application/reporting tools.
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Crystal, Access, SQL, Tableau, SAS, QlikView) used to fill data/information requests.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Aptitude and interest in working with problems, systems, and processes.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated commitment to team work and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to comfortably interact with individuals/groups at various organizational levels;
- Strong collaboration, communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment;
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines when receiving work from more than one person;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with, train and coach other team members and colleagues;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback to team members to support continuous improvement;
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations under pressure.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complete them on time and prioritize work.
- Experience working as an active participant on a project team.
- Advanced skill in the principles of data management including logical and physical data modeling, relational database design, and design and development of System-wide metadata;
- Ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to translate data into Management reports and presentations;
- Ability to take a problem, requirement, or strategy; research solutions and take from concept to implementation for desired outcomes;
- Familiarity with various types of sources of health care information, including coding & billing, reimbursement, Midas, Nextgen, Patient Keeper, TJC data files;
- Strong knowledge in the development of Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting solutions;
- Solid understanding of data warehouse methodology, Dimensional modeling, in data analysis, including preparing reports, and data presentation;
- Perform other duties, tasks, or special assignments as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.