Data Analyst (HIM)Apply Now
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements.
We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems.
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHICAGO, IL.
Xtend Healthcare is looking to fill a Data Analyst (HIM) position. The Data Analyst will serve a s a subject matter expert and possess the ability to apply analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to fulfill requests for information. Reports are created through the utilization of documented procedures to compile data, update, revise and validate reusable routines. The Data Analyst will create and maintain documentation for all assigned and ongoing reporting tasks and validation of reporting environments. A commitment to team work and ability to independently manage multiple tasks is required. Produces reports a variety of subject matters, including, but not limited to: Health Information Management, Clinical and other data driven projects. Uses data from a variety of enterprise data systems, performs data standardization, data transformations, reconciliations, and analysis. Prepare and analyze reports that include any/all of the areas of, billing, reimbursement, and quality. Generates both recurring and ad hoc reports and integrates information from those analyses into written management reports. Performs various special projects as assigned and meets appropriate accuracy standards and deadlines.
1. Project Work
a. Reports created through the utilization of documented procedures to compile data
thru the reusable routines.
b. Maintain documents for all assigned and ongoing reporting tasks validation of reporting
2. Record Keeping
a. Completion of MIDAS Medical Record Review each month.
b. Research and navigate in EHR-Meditech eQHealth for Medicare/Medicaid
TJC review via portal, and IIQ and IIA imaging and indexing system.
d. Completion of Time Allocation reports daily
a. Identifies trends and reports to Director Health Information Management
b. Identifies daily work queues
c. Identifies potential issues or errors
4. Customer Service
a. Client liaison to communicate account inquiries
5. Coaching and Mentoring
a. Provides guidance to less experienced Health Data Analysts through coaching training and mentoring.
b. Assists department management with providing direction and serves as team lead when management is off-site or out of the office.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Technology or related field (Additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the level of education).
- 3-5 years’ experience working in hospital setting in Health Information Management Department (Additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the level of experience).
- 3 plus years’ experience in leading a project.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10, CPT codes, SNOMED etc.
- Knowledge of CMS, TJC, eQHealth portals.
- Familiar with Meditech Magic, Meditech Client Server, Nextgen, Patient Keeper, and MIDAS
- PC Skills, SQL and Microsoft Office Suite
- RHIT, RHIA preferred and or eligible and or obtain certification within 3-6 months upon hire.
- Aspiring healthcare data analysts preferred and or eligible to obtaining the Certified Health Data Analyst III(CHDA) credential from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Understanding of the healthcare business.
- Experience with Windows-based applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc) or other collaborative tools.
- Proven ability to learn and understand relational database theory, concepts ad application/reporting tools.
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Crystal, Access, SQL, Tableau, SAS, QlikView) used to fill data/information requests.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Aptitude and interest in working with problems, systems, and processes.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated commitment to team work and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to comfortably interact with individuals/groups at various organizational levels;
- Strong collaboration, communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment;
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines when receiving work from more than one person;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with, train and coach other team members and colleagues;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback to team members to support continuous improvement;
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations under pressure.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complete them on time and prioritize work.
- Experience working as an active participant on a project team.
- Advanced skill in the principles of data management including logical and physical data modeling, relational database design, and design and development of System-wide metadata;
- Ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to translate data into Management reports and presentations;
- Ability to take a problem, requirement, or strategy; research solutions and take from concept to implementation for desired outcomes;
- Familiarity with various types of sources of health care information, including coding & billing, reimbursement, Midas, Nextgen, Patient Keeper, TJC, HFAP data files;
- Strong knowledge in the development of Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting solutions;
- Solid understanding of data warehouse methodology, Dimensional modeling, in data analysis, including preparing reports, and data presentation;
- Perform other duties, tasks, or special assignments as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.