Revenue Cycle Training SpecialistApply Now
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including; Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, LLC, provides entirely revenue cycle-based projects which range from complete business office outsourcing to A/R legacy cleanup, self-pay and third-party CBO safety net engagements as well as coding and consulting engagements. We serve clients of all types and sizes in all 50 states -- from physician's revenue cycle business to critical-access hospitals to those with more than 2,000 patient beds, and from individual facilities to multi-hospital, university-affiliated health systems..
In 2015, Xtend was acquired by Navient, the nation's leading loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. By joining forces with Navient, the Xtend team will be bolstered by the strength, stability and resources of an industry leader, and leverage the parent company's large-scale business process outsourcing capabilities.
THIS POSITION WILL BE ON-SITE AT MT. SINAI HOSPITAL IN CHICAGO, IL.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Revenue Cycle Training Specialist to provide training that would include the delivery of classroom education and over the shoulder training for physicians and other clinicians, as well as administrative and operational end users on multiple healthcare platforms. Conduct new hire, refresher and cross education for all full time and part-time employees as well as temporary staff as requested by the client or operations director. Assess trainees’ knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure understanding and conformance to company policies and procedures, industry regulations (state and federal), and client requirements. Identify trainees’ learning needs and apply adult learning principles to maximize trainees’ performance. Responsible for documenting training curriculum per system platform and updating documentation as system upgrades occur.
This position will also perform additional duties such as project and information coordination. Responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating meetings and projects for business initiatives. Responsible for information gathering, reporting and analysis of data and information as needed. Analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to identify needs and take initiative are key requirements of the position. The ability to manage multiple projects at one time and make connections between separate initiatives is also important.
This position coordinates development sessions to thoroughly understand the requirements and changes needed to support those requirements. This position will help coordinate project teams comprised of individuals from across the business and will demonstrate an understanding of the impacts, issues and requirements for each of the areas to successfully complete the project. Key requirements include; development skills, thorough documentation and presentation skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to identify needs and take initiative. Finally, the position will support special project needs within the revenue cycle operations to include, but not limited to, third party accounts receivable backlog reduction, provider and payer analysis utilizing their knowledge of the healthcare platforms, etc.
Delivers Technical Education.
- Utilizes approved training materials to deliver technical education sessions.
- Utilizes approved training materials to conduct one-on-one development sessions.
- Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in the delivery of curriculum, facilitation skills, classroom management, and coaching and mentoring skills.
- Skilled in utilizing visual aids and equipment such as PowerPoint, Flip charts, Dry Erase Boards, LCD projector, etc.
- Takes the appropriate action when dealing with issues in the classroom that requires immediate attention, keeps the manager informed.
- Monitors and assesses classroom dynamics and makes the necessary adjustments as to the best approach to assist the class in the learning process.
- Has the ability to handle unusual learning situations.
Development and Design Curriculum.
- Create instructionally sound, effective, and engaging training programs/modules on technical skills, new hire orientation, client specifics, management development, regulatory and compliance, and recurrent training needs.
- Develop workflows.
- Maintain and update all training and reference materials.
- Develop pre-assessments, quiz questions, and means to evaluate application mastery with course concepts.
- Work with management and business to create curriculum and materials.
- Evaluate end users to determine skill gaps and areas of need for new training programs.
- Consistently make enhancements to materials to improve operational performance.
- Design new modules for courses and programs.
Other Related Duties as Assigned.
- Fall out work.
- Assist with charges.
- High School Diploma
- Some college in related fields to Healthcare Administration or Training (additional equivalent experience above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of education).
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience, in a physician operations/ revenue cycle operations environment with expertise in all areas of the operations (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience).
- 2+ years of curriculum or document development experience
- 2+ years in the training and development field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills are necessary to deliver content in front of a group
- Ability to organize materials
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively and tactfully interact with employees
- Ability to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to multi-task, work with little or no supervision, and work within a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and act as a role model to all employees
- A self-starter who can work autonomously with little supervision
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to network and communicate with individuals at all levels of Navient
- Ability to convey highly technical materials and leadership and development concepts at an expert skill level to various position levels
- Communicates and demonstrates a high level of understanding of adult learning principles and effective classroom facilitation techniques
- Solid understanding of instructional design principles
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.