Lead Reporting AnalystApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Lead Reporting Analyst emphasizes a commitment to customer support through the generation and analysis of custom reports with the purpose of identifying trends and opportunities for improvement, providing recommendations to the operations teams based on report findings, assisting the operations teams in drafting reporting requirements and tracking requests through implementation.
Under the direction of Manager and Director, and in addition to the primary responsibilities listed above, analyzes, designs, validates, implements and supports new operational reports. The Lead Reporting Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the training of end-users of new reports and maintaining detailed specifications for all reports. The Lead Reporting Analyst is responsible for leading a team of analysts on a project basis.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Report Generation
- Update / distribute daily operations report
- Development of reporting tools to support business requirements
- Communicate / present data to all levels of management
- Identify and formulate solutions to improve existing report distribution process for assigned reports
2. Develop Operational Reporting
- Lead efforts in identifying the need for and documenting new report requirements
- Design and development of reporting tools to support business requirements
- Create dashboard reports using commercial reporting software
- Explain / present data to all levels of management
- Document and maintain detailed report specifications for all assigned reports
- Assist in the acquisition and loading of all data into reporting repository
- Lead Associates/Analysts in developing reports
- Recommend new reporting opportunities to improve operational insight into business activity
3. Business/Trend Analysis
- Develop data analysis tools (charts, graphs, pivot tables, etc.) as appropriate to facilitate end user data analysis
- Proactively review reports for trends in activity and agent performance and provide commentary to end users
- Develop supplemental reporting as necessary to support research findings
- Work with operations team to identify data analysis projects based on needs analysis and provide supporting reports and analysis
4. Project Management
- Manage all outstanding requests to ensure all projects are completed on time
- Provide regular updates to keep end users informed of progress and issues
- Lead large scale special project teams as assigned, incorporating agile project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree - Information Systems, Project Management, Mathematics, Business Analysis or Statistics – Additional experience may substitute for education
- 5+ years of report development experience
- 4+ years of business process and workflow experience
- 3+ years of experience partnering with business owners to define and translate needs into business requirements and web-based solutions
- 4+ years of experience with SQL or SAS programming
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau reporting software
- Strong working knowledge of the student loan industry
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Experience developing, automating and analyzing reports and generating conclusions from available information
- Understanding of software development life cycle and change management processes
- Proven project management experience and understanding of agile practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills required to effectively and concisely present key findings to executive management
- Capability of setting direction and motivating team members inside and outside the direct reporting line
- Demonstrated ability to brief executive management
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.