Project Coordinator - MarketingApply Now
We are looking for an energetic individual to join our team as a Marketing Project Coordinator at our Headquarters in Wilmington, DE located near the waterfront. This individual will manage external and internal-facing marketing and communication initiatives. As the dedicated marketing partner for several internal teams, this individual provides consultation, end-to-end project management, and measurement for those clients’ strategic initiatives. The Coordinator will support the day-to-day operational functions of the marketing organization and work collaboratively with the broader corporate marketing and communications teams.
Essential Job Function:
1. Project management:
- Assess and align all work to Navient’s enterprise-level and Corporate Marketing goals.
- Ensuring projects support and reflect those goals.
- Comunicating when clients or projects are deviating materially from their intended objectives and/or from enterprise goals.
- Project-manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ensure all stakeholders meet their commitments so projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on brand.
- Establish success metrics for projects, take accountability for meeting them, and track and report on outcomes to clients, peers, and management.
2. Operational assistance:
- Assist the VP of Marketing and team with various operational and logistical tasks.
- Perform general office management tasks, supporting team members and coordinating services across multiple Navient locations.
- Occasional travel will be required including to Newton, MA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or similar area of study
- 3+ years marketing experience.
- 2+ years project management
- 5 years of experience working extensively with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience marketing business-to-business, business-to-government, public-private partnerships, or financial services highly desired.
- Consulting orientation – Comfortable bringing solutions to clients, challenging preconceived notions and established practices where appropriate.
- Creativity and problem solving – Able to provide creative solutions to clients’ needs and challenges, even if it requires moving clients outside their comfort zones.
- Multitasking and prioritization – Comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously, with strong prioritization instincts that help determine (especially during peak times) which projects get the most attention for the good of the business.
- Customer-first mindset – Demonstrated knowledge and experience with being customer-centric. This is just as important for internal customers (business partners) as it is for external customers (clients and customers).
- Self-motivation – Comfortable in a learn-as-you go environment. Training is available and this individual must be able to identify their knowledge gaps. Be comfortable seeking out information and context as necessary.
- Writing – Good writing and copyediting skills
- Marketing process – Moderate experience across all marketing/communication processes: scoping projects; identifying and measuring success metrics; managing drafting/editing/reviewing and other content creation steps; coordinating approval processes for legal, compliance, and subject matter experts; collaborating with a creative services team and providing general creative direction; assessing and coordinating production needs; and following projects through to completion (production, web and/or print publication, measurement, etc.).
- Multimedia – Familiar with managing the development of assets for all media types (print, online, presentations, social media, video, on- and offline advertisements, tchotchkes and giveaways, etc.).
- Data – Comfortable with key marketing data and how to integrate data considerations into marketing solutions, as well as analytics to assess and improve marketing campaigns
- Project management and collaboration – Experienced (and comfortable) leading small- to mid-sized project teams (including external vendors, at times) for marketing and communication initiatives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Technical proficiency – Experience working on PCs and high comfort with Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with IBM OnDemand or other project-management software is a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.