Senior Portfolio AnalystApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Sr Portfolio Reporting Analyst will be responsible for reporting and monitoring portfolio performance including but not limited to: asset quality, credit risk, delinquency, forbearance, non-performance, migration, defaults, recoveries and data at the borrower, loan, and school level. The Sr. Analyst will develop and maintain models used to identify and track current trends and forecast future performance, also performing ad-hoc analysis on specific areas of the portfolio as defined by business needs. The Sr Analyst will assist with the production of the monthly Management Reports Binder, including 30+ recurring reports. The Sr. Analyst will also track and report on loan performance versus initial performance assumptions as well as reporting improvement projects including the automation of existing recurring processes.
The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for the production of, monthly and quarterly management reports. The Sr. Analyst will assist in various ad hoc reporting and analytical reviews of the private credit portfolio based on current management needs. The Sr. Analyst will work with various data groups in Navient such as Loan Accounting, FP&A, Credit, Collections Strategy, Compliance, Corporate Finance, EDI as well as other business teams to continuously refine the tracking, reporting and management of private credit data across groups. The Sr. Analyst will work closely with the Enterprise Data Intelligence and EDW groups to support ongoing and new projects related to data, automation, and report testing and implementation into Oracle BI, SAS, SSRS, Business Objects, R, Tableau, and/or EDW. The Sr. Analyst will have extensive knowledge in using SAS, SQL, Excel, SSRS, Tableau, the EDW, Hadoop, and Oracle BI, as these are the tools and resources that will be used on a daily basis. The Sr. Analyst will be expected to understand and present the information contained within to senior management, while providing thoughtful insight and commentary on current and future trends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recurring Reporting: Own responsibility for the production of the monthly Private Credit Reports Binder, including the contents of approx. 30+ reports. Reconcile underlying data from multiple databases/personnel to ensure data accuracy. Report and present findings, insight, and recommendations to senior management on an as-needed basis.
- Private Credit Analysis, Research, and Testing: Participate in the development, documentation and research plan related to private credit analytical projects. Contribute analytical skills to assist in compiling and analyzing the data to answer the question at hand.
- Reporting and Business Improvement Projects and Automation: Work on the enhancement of reporting. Participate in the automation of reports for greater efficiency using SSRS, Tableau, Oracle BI, SAS eGuide, SQL, and the EDW. Assess business user needs to identify new reporting requirements and associated enhancements. Assist in development of new reports and enhancements to existing processes.
- Other Reporting/Analysis: Perform ad hoc reporting/analysis for Credit Risk Management and other departments as necessary. Provide analytical support to the Director in recommendations for improvements in operations. Lead analytical projects with limited supervision from Director
- Bachelor’s Degree - Computer or Technology, Mathematics, MIS, Business, Accounting, Statistics, or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience working in a bank or non-bank financial institution
- 2+ years of data extraction and transformation experience
- 2+ years executing query languages such as SAS/SQL
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL
- Functional knowledge of SAS eGuide
- Experience with database software Oracle Business Intelligence Tool, SSRS, Tableau, Python, R
- Experience with Business Objects
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.