Sr. Compliance Analyst- Consumer LendingApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Sr. Compliance Analyst will report to the Director Consumer Lending Compliance and have day to day responsibility for the assessment and monitoring of the system of controls for key aspects of Consumer Lending. The scope of responsibilities includes: Assist with day to day compliance expertise to ensure an effective system of regulatory control exists within the line of business; Execute the testing, and monitoring programs to independently assess whether the compliance control environment is operating as intended; Participate in all new products/initiatives or modifications to existing products/strategies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies while working with management to independently assess the business area’s readiness to implement the project; Assist management with reporting on the status of their compliance control program.
Monitoring and Testing
- Develop and execute monitoring and testing scopes.
- Ensure testing scopes accurately reflect regulatory requirements
- Ensure testing scopes accurately reflect Navient Policy requirements.
Reviewing monitoring and testing results with business unit management.
- Review results of monitoring and testing with business unit management to gain agreement on exceptions.
- Provide recommendations to address any deficiencies.
- Provide business unit management with reporting on results of monitoring/testing.
- Produce trending analysis of monitoring efforts.
- Provide summary reporting on results to Governance Team to report to Corporate Compliance Committee
- Tracking issues noted during testing to ensure remediation efforts are on track.
- Validate that issues deemed closed by the line of business have been appropriately mitigated.
- Provide summary reporting on issue resolution
Maintain accuracy of monitoring/testing scopes
- Ensure testing scopes reflect regulatory, procedural or product changes.
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance or Liberal Arts)
- 3 + years of regulatory management, audit, or operational risk experience and/or operational knowledge of business lines supporting consumer lending.
- Ability to understand complex regulatory requirements and analyze their impact on business operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Up to 25% travel.
- Certifications in regulatory, audit or risk management disciplines
- Experience as a federal or state consumer financial regulator
- Ability to understand complex regulatory requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.