Sr Manager, Reporting and Strategic AnalyticsApply Now
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Sr. Manager is a key role within the Student Loan Consumer Lending team. The Senior Manager of Reporting and Strategic Analytics is a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging into customer, channel, product, servicing, and pricing data to reveal opportunities and exploit unrealized potential. This strategic thinker with reporting and analytics experience in consumer lending or financial services will evaluate product management initiatives to continuously improve the product and increase profitability for the Private Student Loan Division. As the consumer lending group grows, he/she will lead a team of analysts to develop reporting, conduct in-depth research and analysis, gain management approval, implement initiatives from concepts and drive achieving P&L targets. Outcomes of these complex reports and analyses are critical to the success of the Private Student Loan Division.
The Sr. Manager must balance multiple competing objectives to achieve results. The Sr. Manager will pursue all data sources across the company working with multiple divisions including marketing, operations, credit, loan originations, servicing and utilize his/her technical skills, business analysis and innovation to drive analyses to completion. The Sr. Manager will analyze and define the core demographics, preferences and behaviors of category consumers who choose the Navient product vs. those who choose competitors and provide data to help drive changes and new product features to increase product demand and strengthen the revenue channel and value proposition. The Sr. Manager will communicate key business insights to various business units across the organization. The Sr. Manager must possess strong leadership skills and be able to work autonomously and effectively in a dynamic and changing work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Private Student Loan volume forecasting
- Create an accurate volume forecast by analyzing trends and incorporating business changes
- Continue to make on-going improvements in the forecasting process
- Present volume forecasts and explain variances to executive management
2. Determine economic trade-offs for product enhancements
- Analyze and optimize product management strategies
- Create cost benefit analyses for product enhancements
- Possess a strong understanding of p&l drivers
3. Reporting & Analysis
- Create queries and develop reports using SQL, SAS or applicable software
- Manage and execute requests for data. Help facilitate process changes as they relate to projects
- Understand and implement all required tracking and reporting. Monitor accuracy and Coordinate team's effort to create reporting to evaluate customer metrics
- Complete and present analyses to drive new product features and servicing enhancements
- Prepare dashboard status reports for executives
- Develop deep knowledge of Navient's data
- Utilize company wide data sources to drive analyses to completion
4. Project Management
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current capabilities, products and timing
- Define and identify project objectives and goals
- Lead implementation teams to ensure fulfillment of project deliverables and timelines
- Coordinate efforts with other Navient business units to avoid duplicate or contradictory efforts
- Manage and provide resource, cost, and time estimates
- Assist with development of new products and opportunities for business partnerships
5. Personnel Management
- Manage a cross functional analytical team
- Review analysis produced by direct reports
- Provide feedback to enhance team's output
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Economics, Sciences, Engineering – additional equivalent experience may substitute
- 6+ years reporting analytics and modeling experience
- 3+ years of consumer lending or financial services experience
- 3– 4 years working experience with SQL and SAS at a proficient level
- 3-4 years working experience with reporting BI tools
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Capable of setting directing and motivating team members inside and outside the direct reporting line
- Procedural analysis and information engineering/data mapping
- Demonstrated ability to brief executive management
- Expert analytical skills
- Workflow design experience
- Experience in quality control and User Acceptance Testing
- Strong multi-tasking, organization and time management skills are a requirement
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.