Temporary CollectorApply Now
During this time of recommended social distancing, Navient will conduct telephone interviews only until it is safe and permissible to invite candidates to our offices for personal interviews. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® (Pioneer) is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services on defaulted debt. Headquartered in New York, Pioneer employs more than 1,000 professionals and is the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, New York. Pioneer also has offices located in Florida, Delaware and New Jersey. Pioneer maintains partnerships with federal and state clients, guarantee agencies, credit card providers as well as colleges and universities. Pioneer provides its clients with quality results, experience, leadership, and technology, including state-of-the art infrastructure, telecommunications, and collections systems-ensuring the best the industry has to offer.
We are located at 820 North French St. Wilmington, DE 19801 in the Carvel State Office Building
Rate of Pay $12/hour Plus Monthly Incentive Potential
This is a temporary position and the duration of this position will be determined based on business needs
The Collector will effectively locate and communicate taxpayers via the telephone and written notices in order to obtain repayment in full or to establish acceptable payment arrangements. Resolve issues of a non-routine nature as necessary. Perform skip tracing and contract observance functions to ensure compliance of all company, client, and Federal Regulations. Continually maintains the Taxpayer's case file with new or changed data.
1. Communicate with taxpayers in regards to the repayment of their delinquent taxes.
- Initiate telephone and letter contact
- Work with taxpayers, their accountants, and attorneys regarding tax debt and to collect penalties, interest, and fees
- Obtain delinquent tax returns
- Make required number of phone calls daily as determined by management.
- Achieve assigned goals
- Negotiate terms of deferred payment of outstanding tax liabilities
2. Maintain and Update the Taxpayers Case files
- Review incoming correspondence and tax returns and take necessary actions
- Perform all account maintenance functions as necessary and in accordance with Taxation policy
- Complete daily resolution sheet
3. Ensure all accounts are worked within client standards and State regulations.
- Work within FDCPA, State and Federal regulations, and company policies
- Document accounts accurately and in accordance with client specifications
- Apply collections received to resolve tax deficiencies
4. Perform skip tracing to locate delinquent taxpayers
- Use skip-tracing tools to locate demographic information in the most efficient manner
- Effectively communicate with 3rd parties to obtain location information
- Profile accounts that are determined un-locatable or exhausted
- High School Diploma/GED
- PC experience in a windows environment
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Must be able to obtain required License for collecting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good mathematical skills including calculator skills
- Ability to meet aggressive daily, weekly, and monthly production and quality goals
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plans
401K with Company Match (after 6 months)
Generous PTO Starting at 15 Days and 8 Paid Holidays
Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Plan